Pursuit of Happiness.

Discussion in 'General' started by TheOceanInside, Apr 23, 2011.

1. You've all had these thoughts. The great questions to life that no one can really answer for humanity as a whole. Why? Because each of us is here solely in the pursuit of our own happiness.

Now I've started to notice something... Most people my age just don't get it. They don't. They don't understand how wonderful it is being nice and polite. They don't understand that caring for your peers not only makes them happy, but in return makes them treat you the same way. They don't understand that being proved wrong is a GOOD THING. Why? Because you're learning. I for one LOVE learning about things that interest me or affect me. What makes us tick, why we act the way we do. Me, personally? I love that stuff, I love watching informative documentaries and videos.

Society and humanity is a beautiful thing, but we've forgotten what it's like to really show love. We've forgotten how to live. And the blame cannot be put on the average man, for it is not his fault. The fault lies within our time, within the value systems that we're taught from birth, what's drilled into our skulls by the media, religion, culture, etc.

I'm not stating that everyone who exists right now is unhappy, for i would be a fool to state that. But i will go out on a limb and state that what they THINK is happiness, is no where NEAR the potential that the human race possesses.

THINK for a minute on this. Seriously, there's so much unhappiness in the world, so much discontent. I'm not trying to make a broad generalization, but if you polled every single human being, my guess is that the unhappy would GREATLY outweigh the happy.

Basically i'm just tired of the assholes, the people who are "takers" only. The people who take advantage, and never give back. This isn't a thread about donating to charity, it's about common decency within our current society, or lack there of.

Most posters here might disagree, because you guys probably aren't what i'm referring to. I'm referring to the non-tokers. The snobs. The elitist. The prohibitionists. The corrupt. The people who block the free flow of information. The people who turn their nose up at someone who's found their happiness a different way. The people who seek to control who we are.

My message to you? FUCK YOU

2. MoMoneyMoProllems I feel you bro, the world is cruel and thats why we potheads should stick together.

3. I feel what you mean, there's a lot of distrust and survivalism in a society that shouldn't need these kind of things. I believe that the best code of ethics is utilitarianism. This simply means that when evaluating your actions the correct one is the one which creates the most happiness. Not the most people made happy, or for yourself, just in general. If each person took more time helping other people they could worry less about themselves.

4. Seems like another rant to me.

Liked the ending though.

5. You have to live and let live my friend :smoke:
    Happiness to me simply means being content in the moment, not wanting anything more or anything less. We live in a fast paced world where a lot of values get overlooked.
    It's inevitable that there will be some assholes in every wake of life. We as humans are selfish by nature, and the strong will always try to control the weak, you can't let these things get you down. Do what makes you happy, don't lose your integrity, and wish others the best.

6. In order to achieve happiness you have to first stop pursuin it. It may sound stupid and almost everyone will probably blow it off but happiness will forever elude you like the purple dragon in southpark if you never stop chasing it.

7. lololol the purple dragon, love that you watch SP man! :wave: good vibes to you.

8. your words are 100% true, and i wholeheartedly agree :wave:

i guess this is more of a rant than anything. this is what is wrong with our planet though, if this were fixed. most things would follow suit. world hunger, world peace, etc.

it is virtually impossible to stop society right in it's tracks and demand a change.

we can still dream though :eek:

9. I guess us stoners are just content with the less materialistic way of living life, and more with the spiritual aspect :)

10. yeah it was a rant, but then again, some of the best advice i've heard was from a rant! :devious:

11. I believe in karma and my life keeps getting better.

But to the hypocrites who deny me my sacred herb and then go drink some beer: Go fuck yourselves.

12. i believe in karma as well and i've noticed since the foundation for that belief formed on one of my psychedelic trips, i've become a happier, nicer person overall :hello:

and lol to the people that think alcohol isn't a drug, or that weed is worse than beer.

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSDF8VvU13M]YouTube - The Pursuit of Happiness "I'm an Adult Now"[/ame]

14. sounds like the beatles.... they sang songs about their generation.

they told people that don't understand them to....ffffffffffffffffffffade away.

old people will die, young people will live. children are our future. why can't these idiots having kids raise them right? oh, they need a government to do it for them...

15. We are, and because of that (and along with herb of course) we are a generally happier group of individuals. Most of us, or I at least, don't feel the need or desire to join the rat race and get the BMW and the big house and all of these "things", because at the end of the day, none of it matters, all that matters is our interpersonal relationships with those around us.

16. yeah, i always say stuff like that when my friends are talking about how much they want to be rich etc.

i'm just like i'm happy without all that crap :)

17. People have forgotten what it means to be a good person. Being a good person doesn't mean not doing anything considered bad, it means working to better yourself and the world as a whole. Through self reflection, and acts of kindness. If people consistently did that do realize the potential for our civiliztion? About 5% of people are 'good' 5% are 'bad', and 90% just doesn't care about anything unless it directly effects their life, which to me is just as bad as being a 'bad' person.

Do you notice that there's billions of religious people in the world who constantly pray to whatever god to help all the hurting people instead of volunteering a couple hours each week? That would be 4 billion man hours a week. Enough to maybe clean up the destruction in Haiti where they've only got through 10% of the rubble and are still pulling out bodies. The truth is no one really cares.

When did greed and ego take control? When people can set aside their wants for the needs of the world as a whole, maybe we can begin to actually see some real change.

18. I've found that being nice and polite is a lot like anarchy. It works great if everyone agrees to it, but that will never be the case, and all your niceness will get you is walked all over on.

Not that I'm trying to discourage being a genuinely pleasant person, because if you are, please continue, don't let the world steal that from you like it has me and countless others.

19. sometimes i worry it might, because it happens, i do get walked over all the time. but i hold my head high and think to myself "don't let these assholes get to you". because they have before, and it sucks. so i try my best to keep my head down and focus on my goals, and be pleasant along the journey.

20. Well damn, that's not good if you are getting walked all over. You don't have to be kicking everyone's ass for being a dick to you. But something is wrong if you're just letting that happen, you shouldn't have to put up with people fucking with you man.
    I'm not doubting your way of dealing with it works. But there might come a time when ignoring them won't be enough to make them stop, and really it's not worth getting your ass kicked for just being a nice guy.