Purposely stretching an indica

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Froskii420, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Would raising my light to its max while still getting enough light safely stretch my indicas? There really short and bushy but I’m not really going for that I want to fill my scrog net with them I have a lot of head room and would like to fill as much as the tent as possible tia

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. What week are you mate ? Plants will increase size by like 3x at the start of flower , if your in veg I’d suggest lst get as many heads as you can then when you flower shell shoot up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Just coming up to 3weeks veg pal and cheers gunna do a topping in a few more nodes mate do you think an indica type could fill a scrog screen (5x5)I’m in no rush so can veg for as long as takes if that’s the case

4. Yeah man you can fill anything bro just keep tying her down and she’ll spread outwards then once you flip to 12/12 they’ll shoot up they always do

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sound, think im gunna start training today

6. Yes..Most people use Indicas when they scrog. You gone need like 30gallons if you want a five foot by five foot scrog net filled by one plant though, and ur going to need to veg 3-4 months probably but I wouldn’t say it ain’t doable, ur just gonna need a good bit of light and hella long veg, filled with lst, topping and supercropping

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wikid, I have two indicas in 56L pots (coco) they are the main plants and I popped two white widows which were freebies but they growe decent so I kept them but they’ll be finishing in much smaller pots

8. Nice, you gonna build a tray? For watering. They’re awfully hard to move once they grow into the scrog

9. I really need too, it’s hard enough all ready I’m thinking wooden palettes and remove the bits in between put a few holes in my tray and slide another tray underneath but just spit balling really atm

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sounds legit, I did same sort of thing and am in same situation rn no scrog tho, but the plants getting taller so I gotta lower my rack lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. It’s a reyt ball ache

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. my 2 cents stretching: it is bad. It will destroy the formation of colas. Keep your node as tight as possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Not necessary a bad thing mate most likely it’s because your lights either to high or it’s just not good enough but some strains are just very stretchy

14. Gibberellic acid will cause lots of stem elongation but possibly turn your plant into a hermaphrodite.