purpose of frenulum?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by grass man420, Oct 21, 2017.

1. I had torn my frenulum back in July and it is still torn and not healing. I was at the clinic and they referred me to a urologist which said i should just have it removed because it would keep tearing from the scar tissue. it's been months i just want to get back to fucking normal but i am worried to have it removed. the surgery is in a few days and i don't want to fucking hate it after. the urologist was clear that they will leave my foreskin, they would just be removing the torn frenulum. I can't fuck really hard now so i want to just get back to normal.

will removing the frenulum lead to any other issues down the road?

and my main question by removing the frenulum will i be giving up anything?

what purpose does the frenulum give other than just anchoring the foreskin to the head of the penis?

I figure that the skin will stay rolled over the head like it does now as they will be leaving that it wont change how it sits so it would basically be the same wouldn't it?

has anyone else on GC torn their frenulum and went through this. I'd love to hear from you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. We are all wondering how you tore it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. And did it hurt much
    Why can they not just stitch it back up?

4. You could go down in history books as the 1st reverse circumcision

5. haha if only it was so iconic... the procedure is called a frenulectomy i believe. and i simply tore it through rough sex. whether it was a bit dry at the time or the angle or she might of been on top i'm not sure. but it definitely tore just from normal fucking. i didn't even know that it could happen. but it can and now i have to deal with this problem.as to your other questions, it didn't really hurt too much it scabbed at first and now just looks like a piece of skin missing nothing too gruesome at all lol, and i guess the skin is too sensitive and fragile and i guess moves around too much, with getting hard, to hold a stitch.

"Frenulectomy of the penis is a surgical procedure for cutting and removal of the frenulum of prepuce of penis, to correct a condition known as frenulum breve. This condition prevents the full retraction of the foreskin with or without an erection."

6. There is not a ton of information about post surgery online, so I imagine it would not be much of a burden... If anything, it sounds like your penis could now potentially reach angles it could not before, however, it sounds like maybe that would result in the vessels being potentially constricted and thus, reducing how 'hard' your erection could potentially get, from like rock hard to kind of soft-hard?

Is that kind of the issue you are having now?

7. I'm not sure what you mean. it gets rock hard that shouldn't change now or after the surgery. the frenulum simply tore. it's about a half inch by 1mm and it attaches the head to the foreskin its a very small piece that would be removed. i mainly made this thread to find out what real purpose the frenulum actually has.
    cause it kinda seems like the appendix where you just keep it until it causes a problem then you get it removed.

8. What a wonderful thread!
    STIGGY happens by the damnedest places!...

9. The bit you mention is a heavy cluster of nerve cells, it's why people like me, who are curcumsized, have a lot less feeling in their jammie.

I would say if I was uncircumcised I wouldn't consider myself mutilated, honestly. If I were you I'd try to keep it and allow it to heal any way possible. You cannot grow it back, that's for sure.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

10. yeah that's why i'm so worried. but i'll keep my whole foreskin the frenulum is only the little anchor for it to the head of the penis. it's just a small piece i'll be losing. and it's been since july i cant fuck normally. i'd have to leave it for about two months for it to fully heal without doing anything at all. and even then it may just tear again anyways if it heals with scar tissue, like the urologist said, so is putting my sex life on hold for months really worth it?

the heavy cluster of nerve cells is located on the head of the penis, of which the frenulum is actually covering some of the head. so arguably it might be more sensitive after the frenulum is taken off...

11. #11 grass man420, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    does anyone know what the the purpose is for the frenulum? cause i don't think it actually serves much of a purpose
    that's what i mainly want to know

12. Yeah no, it's not a useless bit and abstaining for two months pales in comparison to having it surgically altered as an adult, not fun, there's a reason they butcher the penis when they are small children dude.

I am telling you, it anchors the foreskin AND it also is the MOST sensitive bit of the penis. Having it removed will make scar tissue there and will damage the tissue, for sure. Have you considered this? What if having it done makes sex not as much fun because it becomes uncomfortable and desensitized? Maybe even hurt from then on permenantly? Seriously, don't trust one doctors opinion when you are talking about modifying your junk man.

If I could show you a picture of some dicks after having the frenulum chopped off, sure it can look like what Western society has deemed acceptable most of the time... Other times you get hamburger dick man. I feel strongly about this. I would say a definite no on getting your frenulum removed surgically. Anything but that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. i definitely agree man i don't want to do anything and theres no way in fuck i would even consider it if it was the foreskin. its only the frenulum and i didn't even know its medical name before i tore it.

does it need to be anchored though? what need is there for it to actually be anchored?

you think the frenulum, the little banjo string, is the most sensitive part? not the head of the penis right underneath the frenulum that it's covering?

i don't trust one doctors opinion i trust my own judgement which is why im trying to be sure of what i'm about to go do on monday. i dont know if i can do 2 months off completely with only a chance it will be normal afterwards. this might be my only chance. if i postpone or cancel this surgery there booking into december now

14. I mean there are legit reasons some may need it so I don't want to freak you out unnecessarily... I had a buddy who had a circumcision done as an adult at 19 and was sexually active and he even wrote a short story about the healing process - cat jumped on his lap, etc. But his deal was that when erect his foreskin was cutting off the blood flow to the jammie so it caused a lot of discomfort and was dangerous.

Basically, the head is of course super sensitive and the hood so to speak actually protects it but the frenulum, that is very important too. That's what people get peirced as well, well one version of male genital stabby jewelery.

If your frenulum needs to be modified for making sexy time better in the future that indeed could be a possibility. I just am here representing those who have been cut and cut badly! So in my opinion it should be avoided in most cases. I do hope you find a way, as that shit is stressful as fk. It's yo dick ya know. I am here with you bro, no homo.

15. thanks man i do appreciate it i'm so worried. when he told me he thinks i should have it removed i felt like i was gonna faint. i've looked it up and thought about it for months and now the day is only 2 days away. the foreskin will remain completely 100% its just the frenulum that tore that will be taken off. and it is true that it would heal with scar tissue and be less elastic. so maybe i should just have it removed. it helps the foreskin roll over the head of my dick. i fucking do that like half the time manually after sex anyways so it doesn't do much now the sensitivity is more of an issue and just having them cut down there at all is a big worry. but it is considered a minor surgery and would only be like 30 mins or so.

i'm still debating whether i'll benefit from getting the surgery or not.

16. So what happened???

17. #17 grass man420, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    it's gone bro. looks alright just healing now. i'll leave this thread here for anyone else with the same issue.
    anyone reading this with the same issue feel free to pm me. i'll answer your questions the best i can.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I’m a woman but good luck. I hope your dick goes back to as good as new

19. aha my bad me too and thank you. i got some polysporin with 3 antibiotics in it this time instead of just 2 :O

20. #20 Elie, Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    Hey Grass man420,
    What is the update on your penis and the operation? Did it go well? Are you having issues? Do you recommend it?
    In any way hope it went well and that you are okay!

I also thinking of the same operation, so an update from you would be super insightful. Thanks