Purpose and Meaning of life?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by pandonium32, Dec 23, 2013.

1. #61 Boats And Hoes, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014

Your whole post is null and void when toucing on what is absoloute, because your whole post is a relative statement and belief... relativity has no bearing on TRUTH.

2. Relativity certainly does have bearing on truth. 
    To come out and say my 'whole post is null and void' doesn't look well on your half. 

An absolute truth, regarding a belief on the meaning of life is a truth that cannot exist. Because of where we are in society, there is no universally recognized truth to the meaning of life. Instead we find millions upon millions of different truths. Thus, the truth is relative to that of the individual and is not an absolute over many individuals. 

3. Hey i am a 29 year old woman. Just looking for stoner girl friends. .my hubby and I smoke but a majority of our friends don't right now. .always nice to have a like minded person to chat with ;) message me if you are bored or want to chatSent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

4. #64 Cawdswallup, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014

Wanna fuck? 

5. Umm no thanks rudeSent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Except the absoloute truth which states that such a belief can't exist, right? :rolleyes:

P.S.
    Relativity has no bearing on TRUTH, it only does on your truth.

7. Which is what we are speaking about. The truth of an individual and  of their belief of the meaning of life. 
    An absolute truth only exists for an individual as an individual truth. 
    An absolute truth of the meaning of life would be that which is regarded as truth by 100% of the population. There is no such truth because there is no such agreement among 100% of the population. 

8. #68 Boats And Hoes, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014

You are in no way demonstrating that there is no absoloute meaning to LIFE, all your doing is, is showing how there isn't an international consensus on how one should live..

If billions of people believe a lie - does that make it true?

9. We all have a meaning in life, but everyone has their own meaning, their own reason to live

10. #70 Cawdswallup, Jan 6, 2014

I think if you go back and take your time to read all that I have said you will feel like you should change your post. 

11. #71 Boats And Hoes, Jan 6, 2014

What do you mean by the term 'meaning'? Are you say that there is no one absoloute value or good mankind mutally cherishes? Still, what you're missing is, that doesn't mean there is no absoloute goodness or value.

That's like me saying just because everyone experiences reality subjectively, that means there is no reality without subjecitivty... inotherwords, it's wrong.

12. See iv'e just been reading all of these post.... It's so amazing with all of these thoughts and want not so I took a minute to think.... Yep picture is relevant to how my brain feels... thank you for blowing my mind and fucking it after its been blown

[​IMG]

13. life advances into its own meaning or purpose; the experience of its own existence.

After all the feedback whats the answer?

15. Hmmm thats hard to say honestly... There are so many different meaning and view points everywhere. I would claim (this is my opinion though) that the meaning of life and its purpose doesnt just have one simple answer, it's more of a universal answer. It can be anything, i guess life is what you make it. We are all playing the waiting game, just use the best of your time i guess. It would be wrong to have one specific answer ya know

16. Exactly.

In some ways even looking for a meaning to life is inhibiting, because what if you find it, or think you have anyway, won't it be harder to find anything else?

17. I have a hard time getting past the monotheistic god being nature and the "purpose" call it what you will is to live and die as one being/entity Growing up we've been brainwashed/programmed into expecting a light at the end of the tunnel so We look for answers correctly but inadvertently accept fallacies as our truth

18. I got in a fatal car accident. And the amount of adrenaline that released with in my brain gave me super clarity when I tried to save my friends. But once I was in ambulance and hospital had this major crash and come down and I felt And visually saw then standing next to me. I've been neutral on wether this was true for a very long time. Did I actually see it? Or was this my brain playing tricks on me to comfort me. Idk but it happened. And it was such chaos in such a short time period it's a blur now. But I believe there is other layers to life going on we just don't have the senses to feel them. See them. Etc etc. kind of like a different dimension.

19. If you want to find these kinda questions you gotta stop seeking for logical answers. Because logic is "human" thing. And the thing that created humans couldnt be human

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. life advances into its own purpose; the experience of its own existence.