purplish leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Jubeik, Jul 12, 2013.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro? soil
    What brand and type of soil? Earthgro
    Indoors or outdoors? indoors
    What strain? bomb seed cluster bomb
    How old are the plants? three weeks into flower
    What type of lights and how many watts? 500w blackstar led
    How far from the lights? 8 in
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Every three days with distilled water
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? fox farm big bloom 2 tsp and tiger bloom 1tsp every other watering
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? 6.8
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? Temp is around 85 with light and around 65 without humidity goes between 80 to 50
    What size pots? 3 Gal
    Any bugs? Look real close. No
    Any other pertinent info? i am just worried about the purple leaves not sure if its a deficiency or the temp changing so drastically. Any help would be appriciated.

2. The purple color is a pigment called anthocyanin, or just 'purple shit' to growers, one time like 1990's it was very rare to see much purple cannabis around, now is like every 2nd plant has got some purple in it, I'm not too sure of your bomb strain, you may email the breeders for a reply, but I'd just relax for now, one time I'd recommend that you keep an eye on your temperatures day and night, as a fall in temperature the plant can't move these mobile elements(N,K,P) giving a choice you would move 2 of the 3, and leave (K) out, but start pumping it around once temps return...?
    In time one could say that red /purple plants may be an indication of force feeding, but with so much cross breeding going on, who really knows these days...?

3. Thank you. I was thinking genetics because the leaves seem healthy. I will also try to regulate my temps. Thanks again