Purple

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by coralreefer, Sep 11, 2008.

1. So one of my main cola buds has turned purple but only that one bud has done it. What would cause this to happen? Should I be concerned about it or happy to have the purple? I have heard that cold can change colors but it has not been cold even had night where I live in California. Thanks in advance

2. what strain is it? some are genetically predisposed to turn purple

3. Yea man that is true. The guy that sold me the clones was very vague and gave me three names for the strain. California Skunk, Blueberry and Dynamite. So I really dont know which one it is. I am hoping that the purple is being caused by the genetics but it seems like all the buds would be turning purple and not just that one.

4. well i'm gonna guess its blueberry since some phenos do turn a purpleish blueish color, how long has it been flowering?

5. A little under a month. I do not have harvest scheduled for at least another month and maybe even longer if necessary. I am really just curious as to why only one bud would be turning purple while the others are not. Is that common? The plant does have a very fruity blueberry fragrance.

6. No worries bro, it is most likely the blueberry, Blueberry can have purple blue even burgandy pigments

Most purple strains turn purple as they mature, this sign of maturity is usually started from top down and can cover the whole plant or just portions.

You should be pleased.

7. my outdoor plant has a tiny pit of purple on it, can only really see it on one bud. mines due to cold nights. idk where you live but its very possible yours could be doing the same.

8. it aint from the cold. The weather has only gotten to mid 50s where i live.

9. im in california and its been dropping below 65 every night. darker hues of the plant start to come out in colder temps. ive definitely noticed it bring the purple out in my plants in just the last 2 weeks over half of each bud has turned purple. under 65 is when the cold brings the purple out, strains can have purple if its not cold out if its in its genetics