Purple Wreck, White Widow, Fruity Pebbels and more

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Gatson, Sep 2, 2008.

1. First...veg update. Not a whole lot new here. Just some greener mothers and some new growth.

Picture 1-2: Clone from Bebe, who's in flower. I'm loving how she's doing. She was the quickest to root and the quickest to put on tons of new growth. Definitely going to be my main PW mother

Picture 3: Mr. Nice sprout. 2nd set of leaves starting to show real nice.

Picture 4: Raspberry sprout. Started off slow but the growth is noticeably starting to pick up. These sprouts will probably be MIA for a few updates because for the next couple weeks, these girls will be fairly boring.

Picture 5-6: Clone for the original male plant, Sue. I'll be building a flower box for males this weekend so we'll see what to do with him once that time comes.

And that's it for veg. There's plenty more...but nothing you haven't seen, really.

Attached Files:

2. And now for flower. It's getting exciting for me over here! Probably won't be too exciting for you guys until next week or so, when the resin starts to show up.

Pictures 1-2: For all practical purpose, the screen is full. Three more folds and every square will have at least one top, if not more. First lights off, then lights on.

Pictures 3-5: Jane. Looking great. Jane's clone was slow to root and is still struggling a little. She's just now starting to pull through but I think I might scrap her as a mother plant and just put her through flower as well once she looks pretty again.

Pictures 6-8: Bebe. I'm excited about this young girl. She's tall and has plenty of bud sights. I'm curious to see how she'd do under the screen. I might just have to find out. I have a sharpie in the last picture of Jane and Bebe for a size reference.

Picture 9: A new canopy shot, just for fun.

Attached Files:

3. And now just a few glory shots. Figured out my camera so I can take very nice, high res macro shots now. Can't wait for the crystals! This camera will work wonders once the resin starts to show.

Pictures 1-3: A few Fruity tops. You can't tell with the light on but the pistils are starting to turn PINK!! And not in a "I'm burning" kind of way. In a "I'm gorgeous" type of way.

Picture 4: Jane. Just one good shot of one of her tops.

Picture 5-6: Bebe top first. Then a shot of a couple nugs-to-be from down under.

Alright guys, what do y'all think. Tell me what I can do better!

Attached Files:

4. I know nobody's keeping up with this grow...so really I'm only doing this for myself and my own records but...........

Flower week 2 update should be up within an hour for anyone who cares to stop by.

5. And this will be split up into a few posts again...much too many pictures for one post. So here we go...

Might as well get the bad out of the way first.

Picture 1: Here's a leaf on Jane that concerns me. I see an obvious nute burn...it's also apparent on other leaves as well. That I'm not too worried about. I already have some clearex, but I might just stick with plain water for a while to solve that problem. What's concerning me is the yellowing. It's definitely too early in flower to be natural. I'm assuming it's not a N deficiency. The only thing I can think of is Mg. I'd love for ANYONE to chime in on this one and let me know I'm wrong or tell me my thoughts are correct. Please:confused:

Now to the fun part...

Pictures 2-5: Jane and her glory. If you compare to my last update, you'll see the change in size, but more so in resin production.

Pictures 6-9: Now on to Bebe. There is a big difference in the two phenos, here. Bebe is much more uniform in her growth with even tops on both levels. Bebe can also take more nutrients. I've fed these two the exact same thing ever watering and Bebe shows no signs of nute burn at all. Jane grows very asymmetrically and has four uneven tops. She also seems more finicky in what I feed her but has a slightly more pungent smell and has a faster resin production in the early weeks. However, I expect a slightly smaller yield from Jane. Bebe is starting to show very minor yellowing, though.

More than anything, I'd love to know what's wrong with my girls. Why the yellowing so early in flower? It's not bad yet and with y'alls help, I think I could keep it that way.

Attached Files:

6. #46 Gatson, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
    Now a few veg shots, then on to my pride and joy...the gorgeous girl under the screen.

Picture 1: The fruity pebbels bonsai mum project. This is post haircut. Stems and veins starting to turn purple. PH? Deficiency?

Picture 2: Now the PW mother to be. I originally told y'all this was Jane, but after looking at the labels on the pots...turned out I was just too high to realize my mistake ha. She's doing great, but starting to show some minor purple hues, similar to the fruity mother.

Picture 3: Illustrates the very uneven growth I was discussing when referring to Jane.

Pictures 4-9: My baby girl, loving what is her home. I can't get enough of her. I see a pretty good harvest coming from this cabinet. Hope I'm right :hello:. The last two pictures are probably my two favorite pictures in this grow journal. Shows the great resin production Before week 3 even started.

And that's that. What does everyone think?

Attached Files:

7. which one is the white widow?

8. If you go to my first post or two in this thread, you'll find your answer.

9. Gatson , its looking good! cant wait to see the harvest.

10. No thoughts on the yellowing leaves, anyone??? Come one, guys...I wanna get this right!

11. I don't see any pictures showing the entire pot she's planted in, but it looks somewhat small for her height. I wonder if this is the plant's way of telling you she's root-bound? I am in no way saying that this is the cause, just putting it out there on the table. Peace
    DM

12. So I'm kinda bored, I figure why not update a few glory shots just for fun.

First three are a few Fruity shots, under the screen. It almost glows in there and the resin smells spectacular. And I don't say spectacular often.

Next three are a few random PW nugs. Smells as good or better than the fruity.

Last picture is our weapon of choice. Needs a little cleaning but it still gets the job done.

Attached Files:

13. The Scrogg is brutal man nice job.

14. looks really nice bro. You look like youve been doing it for years lol

15. So no picture update...just verbal. Picture update will come next week unless I have a reason otherwise. Looked at the ScrOG Fruity Pebbels just before lights on tonight...absolutely, 100% certifiable purple tint showing up in some of the small fan leaves. I've been waiting for this to happen, as this is my favorite purps strain I've ever personally smoked. The biggest cola is already getting close to twice the size of a bic lighter, and we're still not even to week 4. Getting close, but still a couple days away. The PW is doing well, despite the nute issues. The smell is out of this world and the resin production is astounding, especially on Jane. I also put two more PW clones into flower today, as well as a Fruity clone.

Within a few weeks, I plan to have my Raspberry and Mr. Nice seedlings ready for flower as well. No sign of sex just yet, but we're only two or three weeks in. Crossing my fingers for pistils.

And last...I will be purchasing 3 different seed packs from HGS tomorrow. And I will be germing two more of the seeds I have in my library, known only to me as Dragon. In terms of quality that these seeds came from...it's right up there with the Raspberry baby I have in veg.

If anyone cares...there will be a picture update come Monday I think. Until then...adios amigos.

16. Alright, a long overdue update to come within the hour.

17. I didn't really take many veg pictures, but I have some of the best news since this grow started. The raspberry seedling that was probably 2 inches last time y'all saw it, has now shown undeniable female preflowers. I'll just post that as picture one so you can see the wonderful, wonderful proof. Also, one of the PW phenos is starting to turn purple as well. Sure hope I got a desirable pheno here, because the resin production on that same PW lady is unbelieveably trichy as well. Here we go...

Picture 1: Female preflowers on the Raspberry. Now to me, anyways....THAT is exciting.

Pictures 2-4: Fruity under the screen. Turning a wonderful shade of purple very rapidly. Not quite as trichy as the PW. But if I remember correctly, this strain never looked like it had amazing crystals, but the potency and taste were unrivaled. Hopefully my memory serves me correctly.

Pictures 5-6: The two main colas on Bebe. Getting VERY dense and smelling wonderful. Probably going to be the less desirable pehno, but still looks like some grade A.

Pictures 7-9: Jane. First picture is the main cola (or biggest cola, I should say). Second picture is the second biggest and has the most noticeable purple starting to show up. Third shot is just some ridiculous frost.

Picture 10: Last but not least, my two newest additions to the flower room. One PW and one Fruity clone. PW is the taller, single cola-to-be plant on the left. Fruity is the smaller, trained plant on the right. I'm hoping that what I've learned so far in my current ventures will help in making these two ladies end up even prettier than the first round. The PW clone is from Jane.

Attached Files:

18. wow Gat , your grow is looking awesome. Got some questions for ya

1) how many are flowering?

2) Whens the harvest?

3) What strains are in there?

19. Fruity looks goooooooooooooood!:yummy:

20. Right now I have one girl under the screen and 4 in the flower room...so 5 total.

The harvest will be determined when that time gets closer. I had some decent magnesium deficiencies which could cause an early harvest on the two largest PW girls. The suggested time for PW was right around 8 weeks, so I'll probably start flushing in a week and a half-ish and see how it goes from there. Under the screen...I have no clue how long the flower time is. It came from a bag of medical from Cali. I'm just going to start monitoring the trichomes in the next couple weeks and probably start flushing around the same time as the PWs. This will give me a good idea of what to go by for the next fruity and PW harvest. If this harvest doesn't turn out perfect like I had planned (jk...), I won't be too upset. Just trying to learn from these mistakes so 4 weeks later, I WILL have a perfect harvest!

As of right now, I only have two strains in flower...those listed above. I have two other strains in veg, though...Mr. Nice and Raspberry. The Ras has already shown female preflowers...so as soon as I can get some good cuttings off her, she'll be thrown into the flower room as well.