Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Purple Weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DolFan8080, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Anyone here ever gotten purple weed? I did from my guy only once, but I was kind of disappointed. I didn't get much higher from it than the usual stuff that I get. Other than the fact it looked cool and it was purple, there really wasn't much difference.

Am I just crazy, or have I literally smoked too much? I always though the purple stuff was the best.

2. It can be. Also weed grown in cold temperatures can turn purple. If you had Purple Kush (a A++ medical strain) you'd be higher than you can imagine. I only buy purple kush now, and its light green and glistens purple it isn't all around purp. So damn strong, literally one hit to get stoned.

3. Purple means the plant had low night temperatures. That's it. Purple doesn't mean shit to me. I hate how people make the "purps" to be the best bud ever. So idiot tried to charge me $25 a gram because his bud had some purple hairs. :mad:

4. All the purple I ever smoked was bomb and tasted like grape.

5. Purple weed? Blasphemy!

6. There's a few that'll knock you sideways upside the head, heavy indicas.

However, like someone above mentioned, it has to do with the cold temperatures of the growing process.

Purple Frost, GDP, Grape Ape, Blackberry Kush are a few that immediately come to mind.

7. #7 SirBongwalski, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    Purple isn't better it just looks cool all the purple stuff I've had is only as good as normal danks. Half the time your paying for the fact its purp if you get it from a dealer.

8. Grapes tend to be pretty weak, growing them in the cold conditions only stunt their full potency. If it's in the genetics for the plant to turn purple it's all good, but there's no reason to turn a plant capable of providing a great high into a snooze-fest.

9. Purple weed just means it was grown in a different temperature. Yes, some weeds that are purple are great, but I also think a big part of it is just your mind thinking you are higher because well.... you are smoking purple weed