Purple tint to leaves, should i be worried??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Araltus, Aug 9, 2011.

1. The truth is this....

H2O2 will and does kill off all bacteria/microbes in the rhizosphere...Harmful and Beneficial.

It's not recommended to use H2O2 unless your willing to drain your soil of the beneficial microbes...

OP, you really just need to flush, without the H2O2. Maybe use a salt leaching solution like Clearex...

2. If your a true smoker and your worried about my iPhones spelling that I don't correct and if I used all my words correctly in the right order for you than your really messed up newbie and I dont need to post 300 times in 2 months to be a grower there champ. Now I'm done talking to you! CLEAREX is great I just don't use it MY choice is peroxide and didn't even think of it last night sorry

3. #23 Araltus, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
    well thx to both of you for your info. I think ill fix my pH with just plain pH adjusted water. Considering both of you have conflicting views I may do some personal research :p . My tea mixture has been adding mycorrizhae so I wouldnt want to put them out of business!

The thing is for me as that i am ~15-20 days from harvest. So i guess my next question is, would it be safe to cleanse the beneficial microbes from the soil considering how close i am to harvest?

Then again I still dont know my pH yet, watering will come late tomorrow and then I will know. Im still leaning towards pH lockout of phosphorus considering I know my feedings have been ample.

4. I would cleanse late tomorrow, day 41 of her life... Assuming watering stays on par, she would receive her feeding on day 44. Harvest estimate Day 55-60.

5. update on problem.. Thx again for any help :hello: . I just want her to be feeling well again, I am at a crucial point where my buds are about to start swelling more robustly and packin on the resin. The pH cleanse cant come sooon enough!

This pic is about 20 hours after the one in the first post. Just a tad more tint coming in I believe.
    [​IMG]

Overall health of the plant seems to be good. Second set of leaves after cotyledons hasnt yellowed up much at all (I know leafs beginning to yellow and die off is normal in late flowering)
    [​IMG]

6. Could it be possible genetics other than ph issue? Either way, buds looks very tastey. keep it up

7. i was asking that also super...i have no idea to be honest. I've been trying to message another person that had recently grown this same strain and ask them whether they were seeing similar purpling around day 40ish

8. Bunch of little bitches crying fuck all ya all

9. you need to check your ph, water asap with clear water ph'd at 6.5, and test your run off... as was suggested. Since you are in good soil and have been feeding, you are probably not lacking anything, this suggests nutrient lock out. You need to know which way to adjust your ph before you can do anything. Go to a hydro store or a pet store and get a ph kit. Test the water going in, and test it coming out, get a sample from the very first water to run off. If the run off is not between 6.3 and 6.8 you need to adjust it.

10. looks to me like a mag def which is normal for flower stage (high amounts of potassium and phosporus very low nitrogen) your leaves would normally turn yellow because of nit def but your genetics might cause purpling so basically everything should be fine you should expect some changes in the flower stage which will stress plants in fact most commercial nutes state that they stress the plant and cause extra trichomes or massive budding

you can buy ph test strips for very cheap

11. dude.. just stop posting. I don't think anyone really cares what you have to say at this point.

12. thx guys, I have some General Hydroponics pH up/down coming in later today.. Runoff check is the first thing im gonna do!