Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Purple Strains

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Malazan, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Just curious if true Purple Strains need low temps to turn purple or are they just genetically predisposed to turn purple no matter what?

2. most strains will turn a purple hue at lower temps

a purple strain in the wrong conditions will likely not be purple

3. You can get just about any strain to have some purple to it if temps become low enough... I wouldn't call it "desirable" purple.

There are strains with a genetic predisposition as well. I would call these good purps :)

Generally if it is a colourful purple it is genetic, if its a flat monotone or very dark purple leaves (not calyxes) the buds probably got a bit too cold during harvest season. Not to say some genetics arent very dark purple but I hope you get what I mean.

4. Ok, like Purple Kush is a true Purple, so the buds are predisposed to turn purple? Where as say, DNA OG LA Affie, the leaves turn purple in cold temps

5. People shock their plants all the time to make it turn purple and get new smokers to get excited and pay more for it, just so they can say "got purp on deck bruh purple kush so dankkkk"

Lol I stopped falling for that shit around my senior year in high school. Purple isn't impressive or special. Now here in Colorado I know it's an actual genetic purple strain, and I still don't really give a hoot. Purple doesn't make me feel the right kind of heady high I desire, they are good for pain relief and relaxing near bed time I guess but honestly it's nothing to be excited about or worth more money then green weed.

Dealers would also put orange peels in their Quarter pound reup bags or ounces and would let the taste and smell permeate the bud, then sell it under the Orange Kush moniker. Lmao fucking high schoolers are fun to fuck with. They pay anything to feel like they're Wiz Khalifa or something XD

6. I just want to grow a true purple strain because I think they are pretty, I know they aren't any more potent or special. I think a red strain would be neat too

7. Panama Red.  Wow, those were the days.

8. Here's an example of some normal purple I would get, it's like it has veins of purple running inside of the bud. We cool looking.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428769681.676718.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428769720.005129.jpg

-Your point is as pointless as describing colors to a blind man.-

9. purple colors mostly come from cold temperatures.  but it definitely does look fun! 

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      44.2 KB
      Views:
  10. I've grown normal, non-purp strains with colder night time temps. Their fan leaves were mostly what turned purple, not so much the bud. My buddy grew a purple strain that had mostly green fan leaves and everything, but the bud itself was completely purple.

I love it as a visual stimulant, just like seeing a bunch of trichomes on the bud. Neither are a garuntee of better weed though and shouldn't be priced as such. Buy a gram and smoke it, if you like it buy more. That seems to be a decent way to not get screwed with pricing on weed lol.

11. Friend has grown grandaddy purp for around 8 years and it litterally all comes down to the seed and if its grown good. He says about 2-4 out of 10 granddaddy seeds produce a super purple nug

12. This is very true great post :)

13. I was looking at growing some Mendocino Purple Kush, or Mendocion Purple Urkle from CSI:Humboldt

14. #14 RollinGanja, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
    This post is on point!

So many lolz when I remember back in highschool my friend and I figured out you can lightly dab your buds in vanilla and that shit would make the bud smell and taste like cotton candy! So naturally it was put out as Cotten Candy Og or some shit the underclass men would wanna suck our dick for!

Wraaaap the night around me, blanket of black on my back, I feel safe in the darkness...