purple stems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rustybonghit, Aug 13, 2009.

1. only a couple of my stems are purple and not evin the main stem just some of the fan leaves what could be causing this strain, or lack of nutes or too much nutes im using some miracle grow for veg only a pinch in a two leater bottle evryother two leater fill up my plants probly 2.5 months old from seed using cfls and its in soil all my water i use has ben sitting out for over 24 hours or has ben boiled dnt have a ph tester and the seed is a bag seed from sum good nugz im using the LST method and all new growth is healthy and constant but like i said sum of my stems on my fan leaves r purple kinda red burgendy-ish i can see that the coloring starts at the fanleaf and moves down towrds the main stem

2. No problems as long as new growth is healthy and green. You might want to up the nutrients a little, purple stems can be caused by lack of nutrition, or cold temps. Basically just keep an eye on her. If the purple in the stems gets worse than go ahead and bump up the nutes.

-C

3. everytime i try to bump up nutes i seem to give my plants verry small nute burns some of my old leaves get tiny holes thru them and if u look close some tips are crispy lookin should i just keep using same amount of nutes but for longer insted of one two leader nutes and then one without should i use two nutes one without

4. I am not a fan of Miracle Grow anything to be honest. I always use the GH Flora Nova Series nutrients, they can be used for soil or soil less grows.

If you are experienced nute burn then do not up the dosage any..

-C

5. i dnt like miracle grow ether but im having trouble finding nutes locally and dnt wanna buy offline ..................i guess its better then nothing tho