Purple stems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by InkMyHole, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Recently noticed my plants have been wilting a little (I believe it is from overwatering my bad) but also purple stems and seems that some of the new growth from topping it a little purple? I'm lead to believe it is a P deficiency but the undersides of my leaves are green please let me know what you think I appreciate all input :)[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Could be genetic.

Some weed is just prone to turning purple.

3. Looks fine but them leaves look hella green

4. I had it under some small LED lights and temps stayed around 68-72 if that makes it more prone to turning purple?

5. What do you suggest I do to change that?

6. Get a pic under normal lift so we can see for 100 percent

7. [​IMG]

8. Ohh I see I think it looks fine , just let it grow !!

9. I appreciate your help. I think I may have given t too much nitrogen which caused it to weep so I did a flush and I'm going to just let them go for the next week

10. And that caused the leaves to green a little more

11. Cold plants may be reason for purple stems. Plants like more around 78.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

12. i have 2 phenotypes of afghan kush one short wide leaves with purple stems the other looks like hybrid but smell kush and like allother plants all fed same , no purple . so at least with kush it can be genetics ...

Attached Files:

13. Yeah my temps usually stay between 66-72 so that might be the reason

14. Yeah it's only on the tops of the stems the undersides are all green stem and fan leaf. These two are raspberry cough and on week 4 only 5" tall

15. so as in were the light hits i t? i know from growing peppers flouros create purple stems so could be light spectrum

16. I had them undo some very purple small UFO lights from seedling until 4 weeks now they are under 300w viparspectra which is a little more blue

17. Some strains are just purple I had some that they were all green then a few that were all purple. Your led light could change the color in the bud but your leafs look really fat and puffy so overwatering is possible. Make sure led is not to close. Happy growing. I try with the best I can.