Purple Punch Aeroponic Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by persianz, Apr 19, 2020.

1. #1 persianz, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    I am creating a grow journal for a HP Aeroponics grow with weekly updates and pics. Any feedback is appreciated!

Day 1 of Veg April 18

Although some water does collect in the growing tote bottom I still consider this an Aero system. As the roots reach the bottom they drink it up fast. The auto top off makes the system nearly maintenance free. As the plants grow all I need to do is weekly or bi-weekly water changes and watch the PPM, add nutes as needed. I am using a fine filter at the tube that pushes the water from the reservoir to prevent clogging of the misters as they will clog if large sediment gets in. The reservoir has about 6 gallons of water at all times. My Misting timer is 1 minute on and 5 minutes off. I have found although I can get really fuzzy roots by doing 10 seconds on instead of 1 minute I noticed I got better growth from fish bone roots. I keep temps in the reservoir about 65-67 F. I like using Hydroguard and found that it does not clog my misters. Here we go!

Light to be used for Veg and Flower - Spider Farmer SF-4000
    Air Cooling System - AC Infinity Cloudline T6
    Water Chiller - Active Aqua 1/10 HP
    Auto Top Off - Digiten Auto Top Off
    Fans - Vivosun 2 pack 6 inch Oscillating fans
    Reservoir - Coleman Cooler 48 can party stacker
    Water storage for auto Top off - Standard Black 10 Gallon container with lid
    HP Misting Nozzles - 12 Misting Nozzles by Mist King at 50 Microns Droplets
    HP Misting Pump - 1 Misting King Standard Misting Pump 125 PSI (2 more for backup)
    PH/PPM/Temperature Control - Bluelab Guardian
    Nutrients - (Canna) Aqua Vega A/B, Aqua Flores A/B, Rhizotonic, Cannazym, PK13/14, Boost, (Botanicare) Hydroguard, Cal-Mag, ClearEx (Humbolt Counties Own) Snow Storm Ultra, I will be adding more HCO Nutrients line later in the grow.
    Emergency Products - UC Roots, H202 Hydro Grade

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. I used to love doing experiments like this. It was always too much work for the reward. Now it’s all about simplicity and quality. Once I made a Living Organic Soil, I found my peace.

3. Haha, I hear you brother! Believe it or not I have 20 years of hobby growing experience and this is not my first dance. I am one of those lazy bastards that after work and wife I have little time for something I love doing and that is growing. I have found soil, coco and all other forms of growing to be too much work and trust me I’ve done it all but this system is by far the easiest to maintain. It’s basically automatic!

I had such great success in my prototype version that I had to take it up a notch. Here is the picture of the prototype! Still has dead test plants inside lol

[​IMG]

4. what’s easier than filling a can with water and soaking the pots once or twice a week? No nutes, no ph, no ppms. I’ve ran fully automated coco DTW and it was still more work. To each their own though

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You got me there but no way your getting the growth rate I’m getting :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Maybe not. But you’re not getting the quality I’m getting. Terpenes galore with an active microbial soil food web

59F1F4D5-909D-4203-B5EE-B4B14CE998AB.jpeg 42C5678A-A10B-493A-AF2F-E8A228330472.jpeg 29C6C6CB-2A50-4B51-8330-B22CEFB37118.jpeg

7. Damn man! Sick Sick Setup! Love it!!!!

You win lol

8. i know you can probably cut a week or two off my veg time. I was getting 5 nodes in coco DTW in 10-14 days. I still clone with a bubble cloner with clones dipped in Aloe. But I grow for medicine for me and a few others so clean and quality is my end goal. Fresh pressed flower and kief is delicious

9. Week 1 update. The poor looking clones I started with are starting to show signs of life. Seeing new nodes forming. Keeping the PPM at around 380 right now as I have seen nute burn in this Aero system above 500. I will watch them closely to see if 380 is too much but so far it seems like they are soaking it well as I did start at 420 PPM after the water change last night.

Only thing is the color, Purple Punch does not seem to be a deep green color rather a light green color. Not sure if this is normal for the strain.

More updates to come!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cool stuff. 6.3 not too high of PH though?

11. As the PPM has been dropping so has the PH so I’m letting it stabilize before adding PH down. PH is now showing 6.1. Roots are looking like Pearls.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Week 2 update. The girls are starting to pickup pace and growing really fast. I had to top off nutes mid week and got a little tip burn at 600 PPM so I dropped it back to 350PPM after the water change. It appears this kind of system delivers nutes very well and anything above 500 will cause a burn, I have seen this with other strains as well.

I have added Botanicare Silica and Humboldt Countys own Deep Breath and they seem to like both. Keeping PPM at 350 but dropping fast as they are eating well. Roots are looking great!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. #13 persianz, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Week 3 Update

The growth rate has been phenomenal. In all the testing I have done in this system, I have never seen such prosperity. The plants are consuming 200PPM a day which means I have to add nutes daily at this point. Root growth also looks amazing. The stems are looking nice and thick as well.

I think adding a chiller to the system has made a huge difference keeping water temps at 65-67. Also the additional nutes I have added to the regiment may have made a difference as well (pictured below). This system has always done well in testing but this is ridiculous growth. I will be taking some clones this weekend and flipping the lights to 12/12 mid week next week as I will run out of head space if I continue to veg anymore.

Fantastic!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. following along! I'm thinking about doing this type of grow on one side of my tent and organic soil on the other side. hmm..

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 persianz, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
    Week 4 Update

We got some serious jungle fever going on. I will need to take clones and defoliate tomorrow. I’m also thinking about fimming the central node to stop the mad ass growth upwards. Although the other nodes will catch up fast it will at least balance things a little.

I should have flipped to flower sooner... Holy shite!

Need to flower right away! Running out of head space!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Starting Week 6 of flowering.

Well, had some serious height issues but made the best of it. Should start to flush next week and chop them down. Next time I’ll be flowering sooner as head space killed the full potential of this grow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. All Done! Harvest day was a pain in the ass because it yielded way more than I expected. Despite my laziness all turned out well!

Happy Harvest Kids!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nice grow man! Looks awesome keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum