purple maxx

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Dub316, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Has anyone used purple maxx and what's your opinion on it?

2. Unnecessary chemicals added by beginners trying to grow purple plants. Grow a purple variety or finish in cold temperatures if you want purple plants. There is already too many people using chemicals not needed to grow good MJ.

PW

3. Thanks someone was telling me it also helps with trich production and nug density as well but I think they were just tryina sell product

4. UV light is how you get more trichome production

Sent from iPhone 5

5. Uv light as in blacklight? Or led

6. Like reptile light from pet smart or somewhere they do the trick

Sent from iPhone 5

7. Oh ok ok..thats cool to know..

8. I used purple maxx and in my opinion it just stops the plants from getting any fatter and does everything it can to make the plant turn some sort of color. Ive been using it with snow storm ultra (love SSU cand be without it) im gonna can the purpla maxx if i dont grow any prpl plants soon. I have blackwater and mendo purps in seed, but occupied with my lifelonglove Fire OG.

I used p.maxx on my fire og and it turned the stems a vibrant beet red/pink the buds stopped swelling and trich production kicked into maxxx, to be honest i felt robbed my last 4 weeks using it, cuz I know my strain gets fatter and juicier in wk9-10. all It gave me was slight if not no noticeable color change in the buds themselves, and increased trich production, no enhances smells.

SNOW storm ultra on the other hand, i use at first transplant in 1/2 dose drench, then foliar at wk4 start of flowering up until 1.5wks before chop, which is when i flush.

9. p.s. dont waste yoru money on stupid UV lights, its a swinging fad like when LED first hit the market. UV inho gives only a 10-15% increase in trichs, you can reach these gains with snow storm ultra or similar finisher and 36-72 hours of complete darkness before harvest and nothing but pure PH water last watering.

Some say darknes doesnt work, i call bullshit, mendo growers I KNOW personally have showed me this and have been doing it for over 25+years, why would they waste their time? its a secret every profit grower doesnt want you to know. Imagine a base ball bat branch of pure nug on an outdoor mamoth plant and you see it two days later looking like the freaking hulk injected his blood into it, it is maxed out, looks like a hundred rosebuds all in one bud dripping with resin.

10. I know about the last 36hr thing I did that with my last grow but snow storm is the way to go?

11. its what I use everytime, and when I grind my finished product, before i roll a joint i separate the keif from the herb, usually a 1g nug will leave you with about .3g keif but my strain is Fire OG so i dunno about other strains. all i know is it makes things better.

12. If you want the most potent,trichome coated medicine check out the organic threads!

13. ROFLMFAO @ this dumb shit!!! :hello:
    OMG, now this is funny, I do not care WHO you arrrrrr..... :D

Purple Maxx has NOTHING TO DO WITH CREATING PURPLE PLANTS... :rolleyes:
    Too fucking funny.....

It's a growth inhibitor.... lol

The product was designed to limit the stretching of the plants.... :smoking:

That's too fucking rich coming from such an experienced grower which HAS NO CLUE.....

Maybe it's best if you not answer questions until you get a clue to what is going on and how we grow cannabis.... :confused_2:

:wave:

14. So what's your take on the product

15. 99% of growth inhibitors contain Paclobutrazol....

Paclobutrazol (PBZ) is a plant growth retardant and triazole fungicide. It is a known antagonist of the plant hormone gibberellin. It acts by inhibiting gibberellin biosynthesis, reducing internodial growth to give stouter stems, increasing root growth, causing early fruitset and increasing seedset in plants such as tomato and pepper. PBZ has also been shown to reduce frost sensitivity in plants.

Paclobutrazol: Sometimes what you don't know can hurt you.

http://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/risk/rcd/paclobut.pdf

16. Use the damn products, ssu and prple maxx are proven safe, have no PZB (here in california they regulate EVERYTHING! they even changed the caramel coloring in our PEPSI because it was said to cause cancer... go figure...)

Smoking herb grown with slightly tainted products is no better than eating $10 worth of fast food, or breathing LosAgeles/NY/Florida air pollution for a day, or drinking city tap water most of your life. The effects are so minimal (if the product is flushed PROPERLY) that I wouldnt care, only serious tumor or cancer patients should care, its their life ticking away. We all gotta die of something, Im sick of humans not grasping the conception that death is inevitable, and stop trying to cheat death and you CANT stay young forever. Fountain of youth bullshit.

17. Ya I did not know about purp maxx....
    I just simply do not use or need a growth inhibitor so never really researched which is the safe ones and which are not...

Like Bushmaster, their response was basically "Oh we did not know Paclobutrazol is unsafe at low levels, it's used on other vegetation".... Ya, shit you do not consume!! LOL

Can you may maybe link us to the report where ssu and prple maxx were proven safe???
    I know it has to be online somewhere, everything is.... lol

18. Hey friends I understand.i used the purple max snowstorm bushmaster gravity and had great results.
    It was amazing as a pgr. But! It's not safe! There's some crazy shit in there! I have experience maybe not here on the computer but seriously organics learn it !when it's right the yields are close to hydro but far better quality and way less work. I'm not disrespecting.just experience

19. Most people cant deal with organics, stinky teas, waiting for soil to 'cook', managing microbes, and the smell of it all. Most organics is 'set and forget, just add water' but then you dont get the superior results. Organics is cool for some situations.

Most of us want complete control of our nutrients and want to try to max out our strain(s) so we can mamage this better using synthetics nutrients, you just have to learn a bit and be sharp (most stoners are too lazy)

I myself mix synthetics with organics, because I have been working with my same strain for years now, I know what it likes, and I use a little bit of organics because some science cant mimic organic elements totally, and I like to keep healthy microbes in my substrate that synthetic nutrients cant support.