Purple Maxx and Bush Master

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by thegreenripper, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Hey everyone, I'm considering using this on my hydro setup because I've heard alot of great things about both these products. Anyone have experience with either PM or BM? If so post you're thoughts... Also, in what stage would you use these and at how many weeks? Thanks!

2. #2 sycolv, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
    I have used both purple maxx and gravity, but never bush master. The purple maxx worked great on my shiva shanti, after it was dried it darkened up and really showed its name. The gravity is another work of art it add alot of density to the buds and makes them real heavy. The only problem i have had and its not really a problem more of a cautionary statement: make sure to raise your lights and cut your nutes by 1/3 or else you will get root or leaf burn. Be careful and happy growing.

3. #3 jollyrancher1, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2010
    I use the Bushmaster.

It really depends on the strain, the time you apply it, the amount of time it is in the soup, and of course the amount.

I grow WW, I use 15 ml of Bushmaster for three days in the second week of bloom, the last days before the weekly soup purge (23 gallons).

It kept the height under control.

4. I used bush master on some blue dream grown in soil. used it twice according to directions during second week of flip. knocked a foot off of the stretch thereby making nodes close together. I am sold on it for stretchy plants and was recently told that a guy had a higher than normal yield using it on master kush.

5. BUSHMASTER WORKS!!! esp on sativas.

i only tried it at 20ml/gal, (every other watering with fishtankwater) and it has my 'skunk' almost 'shrunk'. this is during the grow phase.when in flower, i will use half as much bushmaster but will apply it with every watering

it makes the tops almost STOP growing up and lets the shorter branches grow instead.
    the leaves on the stunted top curl up and look really wierd. ill try to remember to take a pic when i get home and ill post it.

i think the main ingredient is clycerol. go ahead. put some on your finger and watch it NOT evaporate.

6. oh yea. iv used all of their products (3 or 4 of'em) and i like everything but the price.

7. ive heard bushmaster is like superbud, if you do some reading on superbud you wont like what you find health wise, but it does work to stop stretch, so if bushmaster is the same i personally wouldnt use it

8. ok. pics are of clones (skunk x haze19).

first 2pics, tops are curly.

last pic, sideshot of 1 girl. some are shorter but none are longer. some even bushier than this.

Attached Files:

9. you should cut way back I used 1ml per gal and had good results without frying my plants

10. anything less than 20ml/gal has no effect on my sats.

the plants obviously dont like it...but tough shit 'cause I DO.:)

11. I was going to buy Purple Maxx but the guy at the hydroponic store insisted on Snow Storm Ultra. I tried it out and love it! but bush master has given me some issues in the past. Proper trimming works for me. Going to give kelp a go soon though.