Purple Lines on Stem

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xbow, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Today i noticed my plant is forming Purple lines on it stem. I did some searching for info but have come up empty handed. The strange thing is that the lines are forming tward the top of the plant and no lines @ the bottom.... any info would be a big help

Thanks Xbow

The pic is hard to see do to my cheap cam sorry but here it is

Attached Files:

2. The above is pure BS... LoTS of strains has this type of stem formation.

Bob Marley's Best and Bob Marley's Special, Purple Tops, 4-Way Special all have keep dark purple lines going down the main stem and the fanleaf stems are also purple on these strains. Has nothing to do with Deficiencies.

I found that pretty much every strain that shows these purple lines are VERY VERY strong breeds and give massive yields and very potent. I grow all of the above and thats just simply how the stem is.

Now if it was RED lines i would say its a dificiency or some sort of stress but its not.

3. I just found it, and posted. My plant also has purple lines.

4. S'normal - nowt to worry about. Mines got purple bits too :)

5. Mine also have Purple stems. It confused me at first too But I noticed my plants looked healthy and were growing just fine so i didn't worry about it at all. As for what causes it, I don't know but I'm liking what Dier has to say :)

6. Phew... ive had so many little difficancys that ive had to fix, i was hoping i wouldnt have to add any more chemicals to my soil.

Thanks for all the help guys
    Xbow

7. its Normal dont worry about it:smoking:

8. here is a close up shot of the purple lines, all found on the Strains i listed above.

pic 1 : Close up shot of lines (this particular strain is PPP)
    pic 2 : Full shot of the tree flowering.

Attached Files:

9. Thanks DierWolf!

do these types of plants have any special propertys that you know of, such as feminized, bigger bugs, or more THC?

10. yes typically they are very very strong growing / Rapid growing and Heavy Dense buds.

I'd sell seeds of my strains but dont think GrassCity would be too happy about that LOL.

11. ive seen those lines way too much, it means your plant is cold, thats all, if you got it into a warmer climate i will promise you those lines will go away within 2 days, i beleive your mistaking dark red for purple. happens to just about every one of my plants that i grow while in veg, it later goes away. im sure your growing out of bagseed? outdoors? if so i would say the cold is the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. yeah it is a bag seed. i dont think its the climate cause he stays indoors @ night (82-86 degrees F) and in the afternoon i bring him outside for fresh air and pure sun (88-92F) 24 hours of light cause of veg stage. but one day my girlfriend left the AC on and i checked how low the temp got and it read out 64F so it maybe that it got to cold one day. Im hoping its a genetic thing and not a climate or chemical problem.

Thanks for the input
    Xbow

13. Mine are stripes starting on top of plant.. check out my grow going on now to get full info but please help I fed her today with liquid grow foliage pro and mag pro we will see how she looks this evening/morning tomorrow 1566331723336.jpg 1566331808266.jpg 1566331834773.jpg IMG_20190820_141002.jpg 1566331723336.jpg IMG_20190820_140838.jpg IMG_20190820_135838.jpg

Sent from my 5041C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Sorry shit cam and magifine glass lol IMG_20190820_141545.jpg IMG_20190820_141527.jpg IMG_20190820_141439.jpg

Sent from my 5041C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. As a lot of people have mentioned - strain, cold temperatures or lack of phosphorus are common reasons for the purple stems.

16. It depends on how the purple comes, like purple is coming in with new growth or things just started to purple on older stem/leafs. A purple stem from genetics is easy to tell alot of time because you will have the same purple lines rung throught your leaf. With deficiency it will show up at new growth sites and will not change back, but you know you have gotten it straightened around when new growth becomes green again.(there are some other things to consider just a quick note) here is a pic I found online of true strain purpling.
    healthy-plant-purple-stems-caused-by-genetics-sm.jpg