purple LEAVES, P deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Saltydoc, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Hello this is my first post here and it's nice to be on board.

I have been fortunate enough not to have any problems until now. As you can see in the pics below, one of my plants have leaves that are turning purple/brown. This has affected the top half of the plant, but is more prevalent on the very top.

Yesterday, my other plants showed some signs of over fertilizing so I flushed all three of my plants. As far as I can tell it may be a phosphorus deficiency. I should not have flushed this plant. There are some leaves that have burns on them and I don't know if this is from the same source or not. All of this has happened since yesterday.

Flowering day 16
    strain- White Widow
    Ph-6.6
    Temp-80deg
    Lumans-42,600 warm floros.
    Fertilizer- Ferti-Lome 9-59-8, but I flushed these out yesterday.
    Soil- 70%peat, 30% pearlite
    Height- 30"
    pot- 3.5 gal

One last thing, since I flushed this plant yesterday it is still wet. If I do have a deficiency, should I go ahead and add the ferts or wait until it dries out some?

I'd appreciate any help!

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      48.4 KB
      Views:
  2. HIGH All, How often do you feed her? It looks to me like N Deficiency...me I like to use a little more N in the first weeks of 12/12. You'll notice the leaves will go yellow.

If you want to try this or next time maybe some Fish fertilzer like Alaska Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1 would help with the ferts your useing.

I'd leave the her alone and let that baby go her coarse...others will come and give their 2cents.

Edit: And Welcome to the City!!....so where do you reside besides here?