Purple leaves on adult

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Spid3r mite, Oct 2, 2012.

1. All of my plants are fertilized through the irrigation system equally but one of them has leaves turning purple. Could this be from a fungus or something? It hasn't had any problems keeping up with the others growth/bloom wise.

[​IMG]

2. Like beginning of original purple haze! :D clone her and give clones to your friends :D

3. That's not a fungus. Cooler weather can encourage many plants to change colors. She looks pretty!

4. #4 Spid3r mite, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
    Lol thanks, isn't it weird though? I have 9 durban poisons and she's the only one doing this.
    If it was weather I'd think they'd all be doing it to varying degrees.

5. I've never grown durban poison, but I think the purpling is a common thing with that strain. And remember that, even with all the same strain, all plants react differently to different things. She just wants to show off.

6. Not gonna lie I'd clone that one, do its buds look purple at all? And like other people said its most likely just because of how cold weather can make some plants go purple.

7. Great thanks a lot, now I kinda wish I cloned her. I avoided her when I took them.
    I'm not going to have room to reveg her. I'd have to sacrifice a plant in my next grow.

8. [quote name='"Spid3r mite"']Great thanks a lot, now I kinda wish I cloned her. I avoided her when I took them.
    I'm not going to have room to reveg her. I'd have to sacrifice a plant in my next grow.[/quote]

Reveg a clone?

9. purple plants are totally common outdoors... I harvested two dutch passion frisian dew [some purple strain crossed with a skunk] today, one of them had all deep purple buds and no purple on the leaves and the other one was purpling from the outside in and a little less than half the calyxes are purple. both are beautiful! ^-^

10. What am I going to clone off of in full flower? I harvest in <10 days

The buds aren't turning purple just those fan leaves.