Purple leaf tips, phosphorus deficiency???

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by TheActivity, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Noticed one of my seedlings leaves are purple around the edges of the second set of true leaves. Then after some close up pics of others they are starting to develop this too. They have been under light about 4 1/2 days. Humidity is around 35% at the moment, temps between 80-88. Under T5's in net pots with rapid rooters and a little hydrocorn. They arent reaching the bottom of the nft channel yet. Feeding solution of protekt silica, thrive alive, sugar daddy, and root 66 ph'd to 6.0 with total ppm's at 98. I know its early to feed but ppm's are really low so it shouldnt be that. Have not given it anything with phosphorus in it yet though. Does that look like the problem??? First 3 pics are the same plant, the rest are the ones starting to develop this. Other than this, leaf development has been great imo.

Attached Files:

2. Might be temp related. Whats the root zone temp?

3. That's new growth being discolored, I wouldn't say it would be phosphorus since that's a mobile nutrient. Looks like a temperature thing.

4. Decrease temps to between 70-75

5. I couldnt tell you what the root temp is. The res is just a little cooler but the roots are nowhere near the water. I cant get the temps down anymore unless I turn off half the lights and they are loving the light so I hate to do that. Im also using one of those exhale co2 bags so if I open the door to drop temps I lose that. They seem to really be growing well for being so young. you guys think this will hurt it if I dont get the temps down?

6. Opened the door and got the temp down to 75. Problem is humidity went way down to 30%. Hopefully that will fix the issue.

7. HELP! Temps have been down to 75 for a couple days now. Leaves are starting to droop and look like shit. I have stopped giving it any kind of nutes as of this morning. Just plain water ph'd to 5.8. Root growth seems to be very slow compared to the others. Some of the veins on the underside of the leaves are a little purple as well as the actual leaves (new growth). Any ideas guys? I cant really afford to lose one... :(

Attached Files: