Purple leaf edges????

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by stonieER, Oct 23, 2006.

1. I had an Mg deficiency so I watered my plants with some epsom salts last night. When i woke up today and checked them, the leaves were feeling softer but no visable difference.

Then i noticed 1 of the plants that had the Mg deficiency, has purple leaf edges/tips on every leaf. And even new growth wich is normally pale green.

The undersides of the leaves also have a purple tint. Ive never seen aything like it.

Is this the strain? Or do i have a problem?

2. I think that's a sign that your temps may be too cool at night or something. You need to provide us more information.

3. Yes
    Pics?
    Temps?
    Strain?
    PH?
    Fertilizer NPK, type and frequency?
    How old plant and what phase of growth?

4. I cant take any pics,i dont kave a camera.

Temps in the day are 75-80, at night 65-75,

Strain, i have no clue. Its a skunnk cline i got from a friend.

PH is 6.3-6.5 , and the fert i dont remember,but is miracle gro(until i can afford some floranova).Its maybe 20-16-12 (its in my head for some reason) once every 2 weeks.

They are in veg and been rooted 2-3weeks.

5. Problem 1 : too young to be recieving nutes
    Problem 2 : Using Miricle Grow Products
    Problem 3 : Since your using MG Products its probably also growing in MG Soil.

• Like Like x 1
  6. And that said, I just love Miracle kill. Get to see funky looking plants with all kinds of ailments, kind like a hospital ward, actually makes me want to rant and rave. If there in MG soil, Get them the F out of it, Just don't use MG products.

7. I know that mg soil sucks but i have used this fert for veg every season i have grown, not much but i have had 3 sucessful grows with it.
    And i have nevery seen any purple before in any of those grows.

My plants are growing in an organic pro potting mix from my local nursery. Any other reason for the purple?

8. Strain characteristic or phosphorus deficiency and since they are not in flower, the latter is unlikely.

9. Latter? whats that?

10. First I said strain characteristics then I said phosphorus deficiency. If I was pointing you to the strain characteristics (in the sentence), which is the first thing I said, that is known as "the former". If I was pointing you to the phosphorus deficiency that was the second thing I said otherwise known as “the latter".

So otherwise in my statement above I think you’re purpling is from a strain characteristic which would make purpling normal.

11. oooo ok, Thanks for the help. Purple nugs sound good to me :) ive never had any before.

12. Isn't phospurus also the main element for seedlings to grow as it helps aid in photosysnythesis. So throughout beginning of veg. wouldn't it be possible for a plant to develop a P deficiency since its using a lot of it to grow?

13. Yes it is Jigger, however if they go p deficient in veg then something else is locking it out. I don't think it is impossible but it is rare and I have never seen p deficient during veg. The Purpleing could also be caused by over fert. If it was indeed p by now growth would be very slow even haulted and health of the plant would be bad.

14. Having the same kind of problem only got a few weeks left in flower and got purple edges its a lemon og so dont think this is a purp trait plant using fox farm dirt and nector of the gods nuts going with the feeding chart

Attached Files: