purple kush bag seed grow.. need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by damien1993, Oct 19, 2013.

1. #1 damien1993, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
    hey i have a pk bag seed here ive bein growing it for a month now.. its under 4 cfl lights 2x 13watt warm whites and 2x 23watts warms white  on 2 y splitters hanging in my closed above the plant .. i was just wondering if its normal for that yellow on the leaves i have pics also ive bein growing it under 12/12 since seed i have no pistils or side branches yet... NEED ur input on if im doing good .. i had no paint or mylar so i  took a box and stuck tin foil in it  then stand it around the pot for reflection NO i have no crinkles in it its perfectly smooth lol .. its just to reflect the light on the sides  ... so pls give me intel on what you think

Attached Files:

2. #2 Notoriousb.o.b., Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
    Seedlings and vegging plants need more than 12hrs of light to grow at the rate we all generally desire and to stay out of flowering. 24/0 is what I use for seedlings for rhe first little bit usually until I decide its ready for a longer "rest" period at night. Alot of people go 24/0 until they flower I just don't see a need I achieve pretty good results at 20/4 or 18/6. 12/12 is reserved for flowering which I do usually after 3 hard weeks of vegging or they reach there desired size and have reached sexual maturity(preflowers). Some plants dont really branch out And alot take til the 6th node or more to show there pretty little prwflowers. You may have alot faster and better results with more light probably and better yet with hid lights. Alot of people run cfls now in veg with good results but generally alot bigger bulbs or lumens, around 2000lm/sqft I believe they say. the lumens would be the same for cfls I think but am not sure( I'd go a lot higher with cfl). I go about 600w every 3x3 that's 58000lm mh and 90000 hps.. And pros use about 1000w for the same area.. I'm telling you just for comparison. I can't see the yellowing leaves in your pics bit if its the very bottom leaves its a natural occurance and I would just monitor daily it doesn't start on other areas. If not we need more details about the plant history and a better pic. This info is my personal opinion and I'm sure someone will think I'm wrong I just saw no one had replied yet and thought I'd try to help you. Point to ponder.. I have a freebie from my last order mh ultra I think, that was sexed and topped with 8 branches (stalks) at three wks with dwc.. Good luck with your grow man hope it helped!

3. thanks yes the bottom leaves the first set on 3 finger leaves are yellowing the rest is a darkish purple green im gonna post some hd pics today

4. the new pics are on the first post i edited it... how long till i can cut the yellow leavesofff

5. You need CalMag. I think that would take care of the slight yellowing. I think it's a Mag def.

6. thanks but coult it be that i water them too much ? or nutes burn lol

7. Personally I wouldn't worry about the yellowing too much unless it's getting worse. If you over-watered then it could release too much nutrients that are in the dirt. What kind of soil are you using? check the new growth, that's what's most important right now. If the new growth is the right color you're going in the right direction. If the new growth is yellow I'd say a definite deficiency (my guess is CalMag), but possibly over watering, and because of over-watering, over nuting them (again depending on your soil, some have time release nutrients in them that release over time, and over-watering can release too much. I would definitely do like @[member="Notoriousb.o.b."] said and increase the light schedule though. 12/12 is no good for veg. You're robbing them of time to grow. I'd suggest CalMag, and that will likely take care of much of the problems, and I'd also top them to make all those side branches grow faster. 

8. thanks the new growth is good im using miracle grow pre nuted soil 5-5-5

9. Yeah, In the future I wouldn't go with Miracle Grow. For whatever reason it's not usually very good with marijuana and usually causes problems like these. I'd be careful with that soil, and it looks like that's a small pot and a transplant may be in order soon, so I'd get some good soil and don't mess with miracle grow. Stay away from MG, and scott's isn't that great either, although there tends to be less problems with something like Scotts. That's what you'll find a Walmart or even Home Depot, but a good garden store will have better soil. Just be careful with how much you water it for awhile. Let it get dry to the point the leaves droop a little bit, then water it. That usually helps a bit, but you might consider different soil. I'd definitely switch up in the future though. IMO just about anything is better than Miracle Grow. I'd literally go dig up dirt from outside before I buy MG. If the new growth looks normal, that's your best sign that the plants doing alright. The biggest issue with something like MG is that if you're having problems with the soil giving too much nutrients you can't really flush the soil to get the excess out. That will just release more, likely harming it more. Go with a better soil next time for sure though and you shouldn't have those types of problems as much. 

10. i have had a great grow my last plant was 5ft tall in the same pot its a 8inch pot also with the same mg soil but i guess this strain isnt accepting it lol also i have a new bag of soil i got at a hydro store .. i dont want the plant to get anny higher than 2ft so im guessing this pot is good enuff i had to cut fan leaves since they wer hiding the rest of the light even after i added side lights when i did that lastnight the branches grew more plant looks wayy healthier allready i read allot of threads saying not to but by experience and i have familly who grow and they sed it woulnt harm if i kept atleast 2 fan leaves on the top ive done it to my last one and it did great so imma try with this one if it kills it then ill get clones :D

11. #11 MyDogSmokesWeed, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
    [quote name="damien1993" post="18862731" timestamp="1382394213"]i have had a great grow my last plant was 5ft tall in the same pot its a 8inch pot also with the same mg soil but i guess this strain isnt accepting it lol also i have a new bag of soil i got at a hydro store .. i dont want the plant to get anny higher than 2ft so im guessing this pot is good enuff i had to cut fan leaves since they wer hiding the rest of the light even after i added side lights when i did that lastnight the branches grew more plant looks wayy healthier allready i read allot of threads saying not to but by experience and i have familly who grow and they sed it woulnt harm if i kept atleast 2 fan leaves on the top ive done it to my last one and it did great so imma try with this one if it kills it then ill get clones :D[/quote]If you want them to stay short you definitely need to top or at least LST. It will mak them short and bushy rather then really tall. I had a plant my last grow that never got above 16 inches and I got over 4 oz. That was DWC bit still because I topped. It makes all the bottom bud sites have growth spurts and the top splits off into 2 new tops.

12. #12 damien1993, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
    niice it is like not even 9 inches yet lol im gonna wait annother week or two then i will top it but by cutting fan leaves will it kill the plant? i only have 2 fans left lol but the side branches are loving the extra light they gre an extra half inch since yesterday they say they will die because fan leaves givesthe nutes to the plant but if i feed the plant then there shoulnt be no problemes right? like its still gonna grow no matter what ill have new fan leaves in a few day annyways lol

Depends what you mean by will cutting the fan leaves kill the plant. You don't want to cut too much off if you trim leaves. I usually wait to trim leaves until they are big and healthy. For instance mine are a couple months old and just pruned them heavily for the first time, although I did trim a few leaves here and there before. When they're young they need those leaves for the light, when they're older and bigger there's enough other leaves to be fine. People make up a lot of things about weed. It's really not that difficult to grow. I wouldn't ad nutes, especially if you just pruned a bunch of leaves off your plant. If anything go very low levels. 

14. i dilute with water if annything i have a gallon bottle of water with the nutes in it but if i give it to the plant im just gonna add water to the mix