purple in stems of seedlings?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by VictoryBowl, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Most of my seedlings popped out a a day or two ago and they arent exactly growing at an astonishing rate but they seem to be doing okay. Id post pics but I am currently camera less :rolleyes:

some of the stems are green/white while some are purple-ish white. Is this normal? They are in a miracle grow potting mix and during the day i set them out for a few hours and then put them back in my closet under two grow-lux 40w bulbs about 2 inches away.

comments, concerns, suggestions? :smoke:

2. The stem color is normal... But i bet you 100dollars that within a week two at the most your bottom two real leafs are gonna show nute burn and progressivly get worse... Happens everytime with mG trust me it broke my heart twice. I'll never use it again. And the worst thing is it really makes your plants take off for the first week or so then BAMMM!!! Nute burn.

3. Ive had this problem before a couple times as well. I usually get it when i let my seed germinate for 2 long and i think its caused by a mold. Most of the time it wont hurrt the seedling juat put it in some sun and it will bounce right back

4. I bought MG because of its advertised moisture "just right" moisture retention to prevent over watering. I will be very quick to transplant at the first signs of the MG nightmare I keep reading about. My seedlings and I are about to so some yard work so I can teach them a lesson in defeating the weeds around it :p

What light source do you use?