Purple Diesel 1000w scrog

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bootfullofbuds, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Yea no kidding I think we all learned that growing up with Ziploc and sandwich baggies right!? Hahahaha

Sent from my LG-D800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I didn't use a mason jar until I wad 19!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Been using a jar for a few years. Mason jars are pretty much a staple down here so we've got tons of them

4. #104 Bootfullofbuds, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    Today was a day of rearranging. Meaning I put my three little seedlings under my 150w hps in a small room, and I'm trying out some co2 techniques by using an oil lantern I'm gonna see how good this works. It's pumping it out though. I had this lamp and oil just laying around so I figured why not.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391981799.228531.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391982656.349408.jpg

5. Had to show you my little friend. He's been chilling for months but I haven't seen him. Probably off somewhere eating bugs. He likes my buds. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391983453.447756.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nice grow boots! just ordered the kindle edition of ed Rosenthal's guide thanks for the advice! What kind of molasses do you use, the blackstrap? I read the links you posted about it and was wondering if you boil yours or anything or just straight mix it up with water? Thanks again

7. #107 Bootfullofbuds, Feb 10, 2014
    Thanks man. That book will tell you everything you need to know about everything.

Blackstrap molasses. Make sure it's unsulphured. I just add two tablespoons to a gallon of water/nute mix and put the cap on and shake it. It will dissolve if you do it hard enough, just make sure there isn't any gathered up on the bottom (I use old milk jugs to water with so it makes it easy to see).

Good luck dude. Thanks for stoppin by.

8. Whistle-Whistle.... nice legs :p

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Lol I forgot about that. Hell yea man she's a sexy beast

10. #110 Bootfullofbuds, Feb 10, 2014
    I think the co2 is working. I can barely breathe in there!!! The plants are growing fast as hell it's only been ~24hrs and I can see growth already.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392069749.351492.jpg

11. Check my thread out... first scrog/sog.. tell me what ya think..

Sent from my C5170 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Wait so you're already starting a new grow? Are you curing the Purp Diesel right now? Gotta know how that one turned out!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I got two lights bro, actually 3 but I need a bulb for my 100w cfl. Those lil seedlings have been chillin under the 1000w. I was gonna try 12/12 from seed but I didn't like how slow they were growing. I got them vegging under a 150w hps with an agromax enhanced blue spectrum bulb. I'm gonna veg them to about a foot tall then flower them.

The strains are: GHS Big Bang, Serious Seeds AK-47, Barney's Farm Vanilla Kush. They were given to me in a cellophane so I'm playing the guessing game with them. I'm confident my nose is accurate enough. So far the smell is faint but I'm pretty sure the top left one is the AK and the top right one is the VK. I can already tell the bottom big one is the Big Bang. It smells like straight up green apples.

The purple diesel is almost on week 7 flower and filling out nicely. Trust me you will know when I chop it down brother.

Flowering gets kinda boring and makes me anxious so to keep me from chopping early I made myself something else to do with these 3. I'm not topping them or anything I'm gonna see how big of buds I can get with this 1000w.

Also experimenting with co2 generation using an oil lamp on the little ones. I think it's working.

14. #115 Bootfullofbuds, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    Here's a vid for y'all

http://youtu.be/XIp7qLvsBTk

15. Buds are fattening up nicely ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392169998.628926.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392170073.427260.jpg

Also trying a new idea of cooking cannabutter using a mason jar and boiling water kinda like a caramel boiler or double boiler. I use this method of double boiling because I have a natural gas stove and it's very hard to control temps. The water acts like a buffer between the flame and the cannabutter and I keep it just below boiling. It just made sense to put it in the mason jar and let it pressurize that way the butter penetrates the leaves and buds. I'm using fan leaves I took off the purple diesel and about 2g of some sour lemon OG I picked up yesterday. Just doing this cause I'm bored lol ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392170390.582331.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392170579.013096.jpg

16. nice man i love scrogs, and yours is badass, way to increase your yield!  I would recommend however that if your grids in your netting were smaller you would be able to spread her out better, you know, just something to think about for your next go. I use 1000 watts for my scrog as well, gotta love that bigass lamp. good luck on your harvest

17. Thanks man. I realized a few things I should've done differently, this was my first SCROG and I will do it different next time for sure. Thanks for the tips. A 2"x2" hole size woulda been perfect. I shoulda put her in a 15gal container too, but oh well.

I'm hopin for solid purple buds, I know purple doesn't mean better but I like my purps. I don't care how much I yield really, anything over 2oz will net me (in personal value) more than I forked over for the light etc. The little seedlings won't be topped or scrogged probably. I'm gonna try to keep them one main cola with a few branches and see how big of buds I can get with this light.

Thanks for stoppin by dude stay tuned harvest is only about 2 weeks away.

18. hell yea man thats what i love in the end of every grow you learn something and you wanna implement it to your next one, and yea forsure I love 15 gallon pot they are my fave size.
    Today would have been day 52 on my current grow, but we had a giant snow storm and lost power for 4 days so we chopped early, was a pretty big setback but we managed to keep our clones alive so were gonna take advantage of the break and make upgrades! we'll start flowering again in about 30 days, im still sad about our loss but i love a new adventure

• Like Like x 1
  19. #120 Bootfullofbuds, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    I had a bad snowstorm about 2 weeks ago and lost power for a day. Didn't seem to hurt her. Sucks about yours though, maybe you still got some thc. If anything, just blast it or make some edibles bro. I just made some cannabutter earlier and I ate it about an hour ago, starting to feel the efffffffffecttttttsssss lol used about 2 tablespoons of butter and once it solidified after cooking for 2hrs I spread it on 2 pieces of bread and gave her a generous topping of sugar and cinnamon. It was delicious.

I'm high as fuck lol.

What strains you running? As you can see above I've got 3 new babies.

I can't grow during the summer because my attic turns into Death Valley but I'm making this summer all about collecting seeds. I'm gonna order during some future monthly promotions at the attitude, and if that doesn't cut it I'm gonna get my cousin in Colorado to mail me some.

Tangerine dream is on the list. Along with kosher kush and a few OG flavors.

Rambling