Purple Diesel 1000w scrog

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bootfullofbuds, Jan 20, 2014.

1. It's no problem man. You're not "thread jacking" anyone is welcome to post here. That plant looks like its suffering from a few things. I'm not really seeing any nutrient deficiencies but it looks like either a lack of light, or heat stress, or humidity way too high, or maybe a combination of the 3. You'd have to give more details on your light setup. Also, I can't really see in the pictures, but it kinda looks like it went hermie. Are those little balls on it around the nodes?

2. I'll send you a PMSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. So I was going to send you a PM but I can't figure out how to send pics in the message! I'm really new to growing, I have never heard of a hermie before! I looked it up, wow.. Haha. I thought those were buds starting to come up. I thought she was a female. I forgot what wattage I used, but I looked into it and it was the right setting. As far as humidity, I have no idea. Temperature was right. But the nutrients could be the problem. The soil wasn't special and I didn't "feed" her. She didn't like to drink water.. The soil was always wet. But the light cycle was correct I made sure of that. Soo I have no idea. Here's some more pictures.. Haha gosh I feel so dumb now! I had no idea she could of been a male too.. Pictures don't do it justice I guess it's a mystery.. So weird I thought it was growing okay besides the water deficiency. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391222906.757511.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391222980.480122.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391223085.639282.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391223160.379038.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Need a lot more light next time idk what you were using but you need more. Also humidity is really high possible because you are growin in a shower/bathroom area? I can't tell if it's hermie from the pics really but it surely looks like one.

5. Not trying to hate, don't take it like that. Just sayin the node spacing looks like 4-5" should be more like 1-2". This is caused by lack of light. Add more and get em closer next time from the start, if you are using cfl's they should be like 2" away at all times. They do look overwatered now that I see where you said the soil was always wet, this could be contributing to or an effect of high humidity. The air needs to be less than 50% to get the water out of the soil properly. Like I said, I can't really tell from the pics but it looks to be hermie, which is common when a plant is really stressed. It's ok bro, it happens to a lot of people everyday. Just know what to look for next time.

6. None taken! Thanks so much for the advice. Definitely great and will be used!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. #67 Bootfullofbuds, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    Here's video #1 with the lights on! Check out my main tops showing that infamous "white spot" where your calyxes are just growing out of each other looks like the bud is ripping itself apart right in the top of it. Not sure if there's a correct term for this, but I've seen it happen on "polyploid" plants and it looked like a caterpillar, just a long white valley in the top of the buds. Pretty cool I guess. :stoned: Here's week 5 LIGHTS ON vid http://youtu.be/mYzdyggjQc8If you are on mobile, make sure you adjust the quality. I uploaded a 720p video so it should be pretty clear. Also used a fish eye lense attachment for iPhone it seemed to work pretty good at getting the whole thing in one shot! Let me know what you think!

8. #68 Bootfullofbuds, Feb 1, 2014
    And here's the week 5 lights off vid!http://youtu.be/SXBUJIgw85MMy buds have crowns lol

9. Hell yea bro your doin nice. I'm gonna watch that week 6 video now.

10. They'll swell up like baseballs before there done.

11. #71 droski456, Feb 1, 2014
    That's funny lol you said they'll swell up like baseball bats lol I said that they'll swell up like baeballs before I even watched the vid then you said it in the vid.

12. Lol I don't know if you typo'd or if i confused you, but I'm only on week 5. Thanks for the words bro in hopin they get real big. Tender love and care goes a long way. Stay tuned peeps, the next few weeks are gonna decide whether I have a huge yield or not!

13. Just gettin some free time to sit in the room and smoke a bowl, and admire the growth. Sometimes smoking makes you notice things you would have totally overlooked otherwise. Well let me tell you, I couldn't be happier with the way this plant is turning out. The flower structure is absolutely beautiful. Just take a look guys, not just at the top, but all that stacked underneath. It's gorgeous. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391294403.695040.jpg

14. Subbed in, this has been a good read.

15. Thanks dude. It's just patiently waiting time now. ~3 weeks to go, but trust me if I see the tric's going amber before 9 weeks I will chop her. I like heady smoke so I tend to chop around 80/20. I try to get the weekly vids on Thursdays. Stay tuned bro!

16. I've got cloudy trich's! :)

17. #77 Bootfullofbuds, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    It's so hard not to take a would be popcorn bud and sample it, so I did. This one was really spongy so I figured why not, when you've got 60+ other tops that are way denser and bigger than this, it isn't hurting much. It wouldn't have been more than a gram dried, and the tric's are almost all cloudy on this one. No time for drying, so I put it in the vape wet (this works really good btw) it tasted a little green, but what do you expect. I got like an orange peel taste from it, but the plant doesn't smell this way at all. More like sour grapes.

Overall, it wasn't too bad. I'm high, but potency just isn't there yet. The high is nice and cerebral as one would expect from such a premature bud. I really want this to be the most potent smoke I've ever grown (dunno if that's possible, the slh would blow your hair back), so I'm not gonna harvest until I'm sure she's made all the thc she can, if I harvest at 30% amber I will be satisfied with that but I really don't want this weed to be a downer so I'm going for less amber if possible.

Rambling, yea I guess I'm pretty stoned lol slow onset, I wasn't even really this high when I started typing.

Week 6 video updates tomorrow! w00t w00t!

Peace!

Attached Files:

18. I have no idea why it added those breaks but I surely didn't type that, just hit return like on all my other posts. I've tried to edit them out but unless I want a really long paragraph they've gotta stay. Sorry dudes.

19. Popcorn pic looks nice. Is she sticky?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Aw yea man. Even that little lower bud was covered in trichomes. This plant is really resinous overall. The past two weeks it's really been puttin on the crystals.