Purple Diesel 1000w scrog

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bootfullofbuds, Jan 20, 2014.

1. #41 Bootfullofbuds, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    Tapatalk screwed me

Attached Files:

2. Last night ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390594649.129842.jpg Today ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390594661.862595.jpg

3. So 5 more weeks to go, how much time in total? Sorry new to growing. Are you liking the way she's looking so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. [quote name="jfroneb1" post="19399506" timestamp="1390595950"]So 5 more weeks to go, how much time in total? Sorry new to growing. Are you liking the way she's looking so far?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]~84 days veg with completion being ~147-154 days total. I hate vegging lol

5. Oh yea bro shes looking good now...keep it up...when you water her really good just pick up the pot...I harvested my plant a couple months ago but she was in a 7 gallon fab pot and I had to use my knees to pick this bitch up when thouroughly watered...but what I'm getting at is get use to the weight of the watered pot and when its dried up and you can pick it up with one hand then shes ready for water or feeding...IMO its the easiest way of telling you the plant drank everything and is ready for another drink...keeping a schedule is always good but plants don't work on schedules so watering every other day or ever sometimes every week could be potentialy hurting your plant...if you listen good enough they tell you what they want...cheers mate and may the dense nuggs be with you!
    b

6. #46 As Above So Below, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    you really let her veg for almost half a year? what the point of that? i think i read a few pages back that your yield is only going to be a few ounces? maybe i am mistaken but is it really worth it to veg it that long? plus you have to flower right?

its just ive seen 60 day grows getting 2-6 ounces for some people...

7. #47 Bootfullofbuds, Jan 26, 2014
    [quote name="As Above So Below" post="19406813" timestamp="1390700505"]you really let her veg for almost half a year? what the point of that? i think i read a few pages back that your yield is only going to be a few ounces? maybe i am mistaken but is it really worth it to veg it that long? plus you have to flower right?its just ive seen 60 day grows getting 2-6 ounces for some people...[/quote]Lol na bro I vegged for 84 days then I added 8-9 weeks for flowering to that to come up with the total days she will be alive. I really don't know how much I'm gonna get. Tryin not to get my hopes up. First time with the 1000w

8. almost 5 months total? That seems like a long time. Do some strains take this long and others shorter?

600 posts! damn I can't believe ive been a member for almost 5 years! shit time flies

9. Looking good my man. Try a 15g pot! If you vegged that long a 15g pot will easily fill a 4x4. Bigger root zone, bugger nugs. Don't be afraid to under trim heavier too! Less work in the end and fat nuglets! Keep up the hard work bro! I got an 8k scrog going right now! They sure are a blast and the hard work pays off!

10. [quote name="jfroneb1" post="19407376" timestamp="1390706749"]almost 5 months total? That seems like a long time. Do some strains take this long and others shorter?[/quote]No, how long I've grown this plant has nothing to do with strain. I chose to grow it vegetatively for that long to be able to justify a 1000w light. I worked it up from 150w hps to the 1000w, staying on 50% (500w?) for about two weeks then skipping 75% and goin straight for full blast. I've never grown a plant this big before. This is only the 3rd time I've grew and we are talkin 2 closet grows before with a 150w hps, skippin all the bs and forking over $250 for a really nice 1000w light. I will most definitely see returns with this one plant. A QP of kush goes for $1200 around me, so if I could even get that much I really wouldn't give a shit cause it paid for itself atleast 3 times. I have a really good feelin she's gonna put out atleast twice that tho. I honestly think I could chop her now and get a QP. But.... Oh.... Wait.... I got 5 weeks flower left!?!? Hell yea!! I got patience like a glacier! I coulda vegged for longer!The super lemon haze was a rushed grow I had a really tight schedule. I flowered that plant when it was only 6" tall and got a fat Troy ounce with a 150w. Worth it IMO. This grow wasn't rushed at all so I had time to baby it. Me and this plant have a relationship and she knows what's up lmao when she gets fat she knows she's gettin chopped and she loves it. She often fantasizes about how awesome it's gonna be to get dried and cured and rolled up in a big ol fatty and smoked by ME :bongin: I'm fuckin stoned bros

11. Lmao I fucking loved that response. I've only grown once (unsuccessfully-had to cut her down) but I remember feeling that connection! Enjoy man!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. #52 Bootfullofbuds, Jan 26, 2014
    [quote name="fiaburn" post="19407513" timestamp="1390708051"]Looking good my man. Try a 15g pot! If you vegged that long a 15g pot will easily fill a 4x4. Bigger root zone, bugger nugs. Don't be afraid to under trim heavier too! Less work in the end and fat nuglets! Keep up the hard work bro! I got an 8k scrog going right now! They sure are a blast and the hard work pays off![/quote]Yea 15gal woulda been plenty of room to stretch. It's too late now but I ain't trippin. I vegged it the entire time in a 3gal pot. Turns out the 3gal was almost as big around as the 5gal but about a foot shorter. So I think they got some room anyways. This is my first scrog so I'm just tryin new methods to decide which ones I like. Contemplating building an ebb & flow table and switching to hydro, the only thing stopping me is a freakin ph-ppm-tds meter @ $200. I tried to do dwc without a ph meter (NOOOOB move) and failed epically. Saved the plant tho, it was the SLH I harvested.I really thought about puttin it in one of those big Rubbermaid storage containers I think they are like 1yd^3 but it's the middle of the winter and I didn't wanna look suspicious buying that much soil. So I just bought one bag, the nosey clerk even asked what I was doing with it like it was funny and I told her I was filling in holes in my yard my dog had dug lol. And with the Rubbermaid containers I actually didn't have anything on hand big enough to catch the drainage off that thing. So I just put her in the 5gal seems to be workin out just fine.I just started 3 others, Big Bang, ak-47, and vanilla kush. They are about 5 days old now. Although I'm not sure which is which cause they were given to me, from a legitimate source (same person I got the clone from), in a cigarette cellophane. Oh well.. It'll be easy to tell the difference I think and if I can't then fuck it Ima still smoke it anyways. lol. I started these 3 to compare yields. I want to see if I will get more off 3 with a way shorter veg than one stoopid-long veg. This will determine if I use 1-4 plants or maybe more in the future. Just tryin to get the room dialed in so I can just go with it may do a sog, may do something intricate like this again I don't even know. But yea even scrogging this one plant is tedious. It's better now that I have most of the branches where I want them. But the first 2 weeks training into the net was a bitch.UNDERTRIMMING BRO! Ima pluck some more in a week or two, when the buds start to put on some more weight. May even pluck all the sucker leaves and only leave the water leaves (trim) last week or so of flower. Another new method I'm trying, but I wouldn't do it if I wasn't scrogging or topping. Honestly, call me arrogant I don't care, I'm pretty much in the clear with this grow. Just waiting now for her to finish. Deficiencies at this point are just about null, I'm just gonna let her go. I've cut out as much N as I can with the tiger bloom being 2-8-4. Prolly gonna quit feedin her altogether when she gets to week 7 or so. The days are ticking away, slowly but surely. I check on the Purp deez (lol) once a day and I stay busy with work and what-not and try not to think about it. I succumbed to temptation on the SLH grow, I just about picked all her lower branches off before she got done lol. HEY I was out of smoke, and fresh bud may taste green but the vape will still eat it like it's 4:30 at a all-u-can-eat buffet in Colorado lmao

13. [quote name="jfroneb1" post="19408777" timestamp="1390726700"]Lmao I fucking loved that response. I've only grown once (unsuccessfully-had to cut her down) but I remember feeling that connection! Enjoy man!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]My very first grow I had to chop (well I burned them actually) because of paranoia. Let everything chill out a few months and I was back at it. Ordered some legit seeds from the attitude, 5 SLH fem, free seeds: ch9 green bud, ch9 blue lemon Thai, GHS the doctor. Had the "bright" idea to just do one in my closet dwc with no ph meter, a week later I had to do a rescue and put her in soil, and put the rest outdoors. A month later all but one is dead (blue lemon Thai {toxic blue x lemon Thai}) because I picked a shitty spot and they didn't get enough light. I pulled it up by its rootball and saved it under a 100w cfl 6500k security light. Meanwhile harvested the one SLH. The blue lemon Thai recovered quite nicely and when it came time to flower I transplanted her into a 5gal bucket. Here's the trouble: when I laid her over to push the rootball out of the pot, I snapped a main branch (she had 3) so then she had 2 but no, it gets worse, 2 days later another branch just shriveled up and died (guess it got it's water from the other branch) fml, went ahead and flowered it, ended up 3ft tall with the main cola 18". Not too shabby. It was good smoke too. Can't find the damn pictures my at the moment but I'm looking. It really was blue weed. THEN I lost (or somebody found) the other 3 SLH seeds. wtf that's just shitty luck. THEN I order 10 seeds all different fire EXPENSIVE fem strains when I ordered this light and they all showed taproot after submersing them so I was like YES!!! But then I put them up in my attic and the next day the temps jumped from 60 average to 90 and the poor seeds got cooked in a 120 soil soup. Fuckkkk!!! $150 down the drain. But u know, I'm still here even tho I've had some pretty incredible setbacks, and I'm back and better than ever. One tip, ABSORB AS MUCH KNOWLEDGE AS YOU CAN!!! "Ed Rosethal's marijuana growers handbook" is THE BEST resource a grower could have (other than GC OF COURSE!!!) . AND it's an official OAKSTERDAM course book. IF YOU GROW WEED GO OUT AND BUY THIS BOOK I GOT MINE AT HASTINGS FOR $30 AND IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY. full color, it explains everything. It's like a college textbook for growing bud lol.

14. Yesterday was week 5 so I'm gettin geared up for some pictures. If I don't water this plant once every 2 days it goes borderline dead all the leaves go limp etc. Well I forgot to water it yesterday and today it's lookin rough, gonna see if it bounces back before the lights cut off so I can get some good pics. Got some deficiencies, ain't trippin, about to quit feeding it in a week or 2 altogether so it doesn't really matter. Definitely not about to start force feeding her trying to figure out what it is but it looks to be just N and that's great. She's startin to stack trichomes like a mofo. Peace bro's be back later

15. Alright here's some pics. Vids are uploading to the tube as I type, will either edit the links in or add a new post for them.WEEK 5 (DAY 35) Flash photos, it's hard to get a focus from complete darkness, so pay attention to arrows. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391216807.877813.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391216849.826676.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391216885.393422.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391216904.976838.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391216921.027239.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391216963.793885.jpg Candlelight. These turned out pretty good actually. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391216992.593874.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391217077.109824.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391217116.243925.jpg

16. Drool...Holy shit man those look so good!How much longer would you say she has? Also how long will you let the buds dry for?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. #57 Bootfullofbuds, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    Thanks man. I'd say 3-4 weeks as I was told it's an 8-9 week strain. The buds are very established and well fed with tiger bloom and molasses. The next few weeks we should see some tremendous bud growth along with a steadily rising frost factor. And they smell so gooood lolI will let the buds dry for a week. I like to try new things everytime I grow, this time will be SCROG, 1000w, and a new drying/curing process from a book I read. Basically, you cut the plants and put them in a box for 3 days, this lets the plants functions continue, forcing nitrogen to be used up. They say visually you can see the buds get a lighter color. Aftwards, place them on a drying rack for a 5-7 days until the stems snap. Then into jars for 2 week cure then it's smoking time.

18. #58 bspot123, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    Awesome man, not too long! I bet they smell so good. More skunk or sweet?

19. Sorry man I edited the drying info into the last post. They smell really sweet like a blueberry muffin almost but with a diesely just pungent sour smell trailing. It's an awesome terpene profile and very unique I don't think I've smelled anything quite like it so far. Grade A genetics.

20. That drying plan sounds very nice. You definitely know what you're doing! I already have this thread subbed for when I start another grow. Going to take your good advice. So stoked to start growing again.Not meaning to jack your thread at all but before I had to cut this plant down, how far along do you think she was? I never knew. And what was wrong with the leaves? Too much water?I'm curious, never had a chance to ask anyone. This was a while back. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391220821.513073.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391220849.849550.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum