Purple Diesel 1000w scrog

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bootfullofbuds, Jan 20, 2014.

1. #21 Bootfullofbuds, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014

2. #22 Bootfullofbuds, Jan 22, 2014

3. #24 Bootfullofbuds, Jan 23, 2014

4. #25 Bootfullofbuds, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014

5. How long did you veg and under what light? 1000 watts on that one plant is going to produce a huge amount. Maybe 3-4 ounces if you are lucky.

6. [quote name="bigslick7878" post="19392560" timestamp="1390499989"]How long did you veg and under what light? 1000 watts on that one plant is going to produce a huge amount. Maybe 3-4 ounces if you are lucky.[/quote]The clone was already halfway rooted when I got it, let it spend it's seedling time (first 2 weeks) under a 150w hps. Then I felt it could use a little more so I put the 1000w on it but only at 50% for a few weeks and then I skipped 75% and just put it on full blast. All told I vegged 10 weeks not counting the 2 week seedling time so 12 weeks- 3 months. Now I'm on week 4 flower. I'm hoping to get a little more than 4oz but I would be happy with that. This is my first time with the 1000 so I don't really know what to expect. Plant is in a 5 gal bucket tho.

7. #28 Bootfullofbuds, Jan 24, 2014

8. nice scrog

9. [quote name="bongboi" post="19394775" timestamp="1390525764"]nice scrog[/quote]Thanks dude it's my first time to scrog

10. she's a beauty. good job

11. Thanks man. A lot of intricate training. A lot of time! 3 months until flower is a long time to wait! But since you think my scrog is good I thought I would tell you that I made it out of an old trashed window screen, just cut the screen out and marked every 4" for 4x4 holes. Used some string I found lying around. The screen measures 32"x36" or 2.6'x3' or 7.8^2'. My light is 1ft away in a 29"x36" (4x4) hood But yea I guess it has worked pretty good for me. The middle is a little cluttered, I ran out of places to put branches lol I just wanted to increase my yield for one plant. I hope I can get some coke can buds or atleast one maybe as big as a 2 liter bottle lol

12. And I said this in the vid but I just wanted everyone that hasn't watched it yet to know that I counted 60 tops (+/-5) on this baby. F*** yea!!

13. She doesn't look to happy...are you watering her a lot? Those leaves should lateral or at least at a 45 degree angle pointing up..shes all slouched and droopy...shes looking good but you should lay off the water or feeding until your soil dries up alittle bit...cheers

14. Looks really good man, what a beautiful plant you got there, it's getting super big! I bet it stinks haha

One question though, I never understand why people trim some of the leaves off, is it to allow better light to the canopy or what? Surely taking the leaves off is kinda killing the plant, since the leaves are what produce the food for the plant.

15. #36 Bootfullofbuds, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    [quote name="Luxap89" post="19397481" timestamp="1390564714"]She doesn't look to happy...are you watering her a lot? Those leaves should lateral or at least at a 45 degree angle pointing up..shes all slouched and droopy...shes looking good but you should lay off the water or feeding until your soil dries up alittle bit...cheers[/quote]Yea I had just watered her yesterday. Seems to be on a every other day schedule. She's back to normal today I didn't even notice her being droopy lol
    Thanks dude yea it's pretty pungent lol I'm just trying this defoliation thing it's not like I've established myself that it gives higher yields. I wouldn't do it if I wasn't scrogging and topping for sure but it grew so bushy that it was killing all the inside growth just from being covered up by fan leaves. I have plucked atleast 200 leaves off this thing in its life (3 times). Some people swear by it. I posted this link earlier it talks about it pretty in depthhttp://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/668315-defoliating-higher-yields.htmlBut yea the point is to let light get to the buds some people think it doesn't matter if they have a corresponding fan leaf after they get established. The buds photosynthesize too. I haven't decided if it makes a difference yet and I should've used a control to verify but it'll be alright lol

16. Looks good man! How much time left until harvest do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. taking leaves doesn't kill the plant...you can literally snap the whole plant in half and it won't kill it...ive seen people do this stabbing technique where at the end of flower they squewer the base of the plant with a stake at the end of flower to "densen" or get "trichome overload" with their plant...it all just comes down to prefrence and technique...yes it could stunt the plant a little bit but it could help you out in the long run...

18. [quote name="jfroneb1" post="19398588" timestamp="1390584079"]Looks good man! How much time left until harvest do you think?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]I was told this was a 9 week strain so 5 weeks to go. She's got a lot of filling out to do so I'm pretty excited to see what this 1000w is gonna make:
    Hmmm.. That sounds like fun!

19. Does this look better Luxap89? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390594270.263148.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390594309.296069.jpg Soil's still pretty moist tho. By tomorrow it will need watering again. I keep my room about 80 during the day so she drinks a lot of water