Purple Days, anyone recently receive theirs?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Highskore, Apr 23, 2010.

1. It all depends. My daily workhorse is the PD because it's so damn efficient. But on those occasions when I want back to back lung rippers, I'll crank up the Buddha, and when I have company over, the Ion starts blowing up bags. I used to use the Iolite when I was out and about, but I got rid of it 'cause I didn't like it too much. The LaunchBox is my next buy.

But man, there are two other high-end vapes on the horizon that look really interesting but they're not going to be cheap. The Oracle and the VapeXhale Cloud. Check out the following threads:

FC - Vaporizer Forum / The Oracle Vaporizer
    FC - Vaporizer Forum / VapeXhale Cloud - Welcome to the Planet of the (V)apes

2. Thanks for the info homey, I've got a SSV on layaway now and was looking for the biggest vapor rips possible. Conservation is the last priority for me in a vape, peace.

3. No problem. If conservation is your last priority and the biggest rips possible is at the top of your priority, than the SSV is going to fit the bill perfectly. Actually, it will hit a bit harder than the Buddha. The other vape to consider in that category is the VHW Heat Wand that is designed to use through your glass. Both have the capability to flat out knock ya to the moon in one hit if ya got good weed.

Enjoy................The SSV is a great vape.

4. Oh my, that vhw heat wand looks killer, I'll definitely check that out, thanks again, peace.

5. lol, thats pretty cool. where did you find a store that would put it on layaway? I may want to try that

6. So I understand these are not party vapes. But will I be able to keep packing it or no? I remember the PD can be left on 24/7 so it's always heated up. But also read about the MZ losing heat after taking a couple hits. Would I be able to bring a friend or 2 over to share the experience?

7. The MZ can handle 3 people well. Just buy the 13.5 volt dc adapter for it (from Rick).

8. You can actually make a vaporizer yourself that acts similarly to the VHW. You buy a hakko heat wand and then attach a ssv glass heater cover to it. Costs about 80-100 dollars.

9. #50 lwien, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2010
    Man, how quickly things change. Just heard that Tom (inventor of the Purple Days) is going to be offering up the Pandora (DIY PD kit) in myrtlewood as an option along with custom bottoms made from either snakeskin, lizard skin, elk, cadora, etc etc etc. Check out the Pandora thread over at the FC site.

Damn, last thing I need is another vape, but that mytrlewood with these custom bottoms sure is purty. Designer vapes. Check out the grain patterns in this guitar.

[​IMG]

10. Just ordered myself a MZ. Hope to be vapin this coming week!

11. Good choice. After ya get it, if you need any user tips, come on back and ask away. Will help as much as I can.

12. Glad to hear about a fellow Zap owner here!

I love mine, and Rick was great to work with. He got me a grain pattern I really wanted. I LOVE IT!

13. #55 lwien, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2010
  14. Iwein...PD is my next choice OR a magic flight :)

15. Or? Fuck, get 'em both. One for home use and the other when you're out and about. Both excellent vapes.