Purple color in the stem

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BrokenxSins, Sep 23, 2011.

1. What does this mean?
    This is my first time around growing, and I'm growing from seeds, I got the seeds from a friend who said they got them online, and that they were White Widow and OG Kush. They had them all in one bag so I'm not sure if they were a cross or separate Plants, also fem from what they told me.

Regardless, I have one plant growing in my closet, from seed. Germd, then went into Fox farm ocean forest, I know some people say seedling can't handle it, but I didn't know. Worked out good for me. She's under four 23w daylight cfls on 24 since I planted, and two fluorescent fish lights, unsure of the wattage. I water a day after I notice the soil is dry, and she seems to enjoy the dry periods. I haven't used any nutrients yet, because I can't afford the grow big and bloom big I want. >.< I should be getting some soon.

She's in a three gallon pot now, and she's just under a foot tall I topped her, and tied her down for LST/bonsai train which is working out well as far as I can tell.

She has this nice purple colors in her main stalk and on the stems of the leaves. I was wondering what this means if anything.
    Also and input on improving my set up is always appreciated.
    I want to build a cab sometime soon.

I'll post some recent pictures when I get back home. I don't think I can do it from my phone.

2. #2 Grows&Smokes, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011
    Its nothing to worry about, most healthy plants will have a bit of reddish purple color in the stems when you look at them under Fluroescent lights beause they put off light in a more blue spectrum....its not as noticable under HPS or MH because they run with a more yellow/ orange spectrum of light and the purpleish color (even though its there) is barely visible under that light spectrum.

3. Oh that's good. So my plants really healthy?

4. Sure are.. keep it up!....good luck to you the rest of they way!

5. pics would tell better

6. Red or reddish stems are a common and normal trait. They do not mean your plant is ill, as I have heard people say here and elsewhere. It means absolutely nothing unless you like red then enjoy.

7. Purple buds are a different matter.

Attached Files:

8. that is one hot little number... mmm the things i would do to her are illegal in most states..