purple bud?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by LOTUS, Apr 30, 2005.

1. has anyone ever put purple food dye into their plants water? Would this work? I'd think the roots would suck up the water and the dye would change the plant to purple.

2. i think you should try it then post your results so we can laugh at you.

3. if you want purple buds, grow some purple haze :) i wouldnt try food colouring might kill your plant.

4. actually, yeah, that would dye the plants. But... why would you do that? That's just... dumb.

5. the buds would probably taste funny. i agree with talkweed, just grow a purple strain.

6. haha just cuz the plant will turn purple does'nt make it purple haze...

put down the pipe.

7. ^ But if you're selling it who cares..

i'mma try an experiment when my harvest time comes around.. if you cut a rose at the stem and put it in water with food coloring it'll change that color.. with this idea in mind i'mma cut off a small branch and let the stem soak in water overnight to see what happens..

8. Food Colouring will add chemicals to your plants. This could potentially stunt growth, and in large enough doses, kill your plant.

If you are trying to get the most out of a plant, be very careful what you feed it.

NP

9. ^ read what i said... i said AFTER I HARVEST!!! which means my bud is ready..

10. I'm not attacking what you said, in fact, it would be interesting to see the result and how it smokes.

I am just saying for anyone who decides to feed their plants food colouring, you could kill all of your hard work.

NP

11. I recently took some fresh green healthy mature clones of mine that were in my window and put them outside to get better light, after the first day i started to notice a bit of purple on the newly developing leaves and stalk. It has now been a few days and they have quite a bit of deep purple on them. Is this because of the light increase?Is it a good or bad thing? It looks like there doing well, as they are growing, but i havn't an idea of what this means...They came from a mother plant which grew under floros that didn't have any purple what so ever.
    PLEASE REPLY!!!THANKS