Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Purple Bud

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Blunt Ashez, Oct 21, 2012.

1. I know the purple hue that bud gets is usually from a temperature drop or genetics. Does it have any other purpose besides looks? Is it any better/tastier than other bud? Is it sweeter?

2. This isn't always true, but most purples I get are indicas

3. i have repeatedly heard (and experienced) that, contrary to popular belief, purps are no different that regular weed. It's usually just an indication that it's probably dank cause the grower knows how to makes his buds purple, and in turn be able to sell them for more money.

4. It's only purple because its chlorophyl is masked by other colored pigments. While it is true that most purple strains are indicas, it's not unheard of for a 100% sativa strain to be completely purple.

5. Not sure about this one, But i remember hearing you can also turn the bigger colas purple by pumping a lil more CO2 than the levels needed to deter spider mites.

6. [quote name='"casualtoker1"']i have repeatedly heard (and experienced) that, contrary to popular belief, purps are no different that regular weed. It's usually just an indication that it's probably dank cause the grower knows how to makes his buds purple, and in turn be able to sell them for more money.[/quote]

Yeah I know that, cuz my friend says alota purp he gets are sativas, I was just talking from personal experience.

7. The purple is actually the pigment and photoreceptors of the plant dieing, almost like when leaves on trees turn orange/yellow. This is why it occurs when you see a temp drop. I believe the purple colors allow the plant to receive light and more easily photosynthesize during more mild temperatures.

8. All purps I've smoked have been DANK but I don't think it's necessarily the purple.