purple/browning stems HELP

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mandanclan, May 18, 2010.

1. a little background, I topped it wrong 5 days ago. I snipped the new growths so now the ones on the node below are coming out. I see this with the stems now. Any thoughts?

the main stem has striped vertical purpling and the node branches are showing a little brown.:eek:

Attached Files:

2. whats your soil and nute schedule? The purpling you see there is somewhat normal and you shouldn't be too worried. Overall the plants look healthy.

3. whats ur light schedule? and temp? purple steams usually means its getting a little cold in ur garden. usually during lights out

4. #4 mandanclan, May 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
  5. purple stems is not a problem alot of people force this when flowering it causes the nugs to turn purple... whats the temp when the lights are off? thats whats causing it

6. #6 mandanclan, May 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
    the lowest it hits without the lights on is like 67-68. Is that enough to do this? It's been the same temps the whole time it's been alive as well..

7. yeah thats cold enough. lights off temp should be 75-80 to porevent this, but like i said, its not a problem