Purple branches/stems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Whilder, Jul 12, 2013.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro? soil ( african violet 50%, perlite 50%)
    Indoors or outdoors? indoors
    What strain?  by CouponDropDown">Bag seed
    How old are the plants? 41-33
    What type of lights and how many watts? CFL ~150watts
    How far from the lights? 3 in
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Distilled water, every other day
    What, how much and when was it fed? MG 12-4-8 1/2 tbsp/gal 
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? no idea
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? ~78
    Any bugs? leaf hopper once, not sure if mites

So everyone seems to say this is bad but what do I do to fix it???  All of my plants have them and have had them since they got nute burned around the second week.  Ive flushed them twice since then but they still show.  Not so much in new growth but sometimes it is.

2. #2 blackmore, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
    Its nothing to worry about. Just means your plant is a little stressed i.e some variable in your environment is not at optimal levels.
    Continue growing as normal.

Get rid of MG nutrients..

3. I have a Jack Frost plant that has purple stalks/stems since day one.  It doesn't necessarily mean you have unhealthy plants.  Some are just naturally that color.  Any way you could post a picture?

4. Here are some pics from when I was trying to see what sex they where, lil nodes popping up some fem some not sure yet

Attached Files:

5. They look fine to me in those pictures.

6. ok cool cool

7. its a lil early to tell sex.. but keep ur fingers crossed! the branching structure looks femalish. trust me i know it souunds weird, but IME males grow more robust n stretch easy soon as flipped to 12/12 which is something i noticed.bout early girl detection  :gc_rocks:  :bolt:  :smoke:  :hippie:

8. Hey uhhhh that was july 12th....all females