Purple Blotching/ patches on leaves and stems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jzpoonhandler, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Can someone tell me what this is? These are outdoor organic beauties, no nutes except bonemeal. This has been on 1 or 2 tops since the beginning and on a few of my plants in different locations. Now it's on 5 or 6 of my tops. it has never really been on the stems until not and only in small patches in the top 3-4 inches of the tops. The soil is very clay based at the bottom of the holes. Any ideas experts out there?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hmmm some sort of deficiency i suppose

3. its the temps. how cold is it at night.

4. It's cold damage, or genetics.

5. usually if its genetics, the buds are purple and some strains have even purple not
    Purple Blotching/ patches on leaves

6. The temps aren't the problem because it gets down only to about 64 average

I was reading and i think it is a phosphorous deficiency. But it also might be the genetics, although i have a few plants different strains and they also turn purple, but only when on the new leafset that come in

7. #8 rain dancer, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
    Imo, it looks like temp as well. I've had plants do that when the temps fluctuate too much. For instance, if they get up to say 85-88 degrees on a really hot day then drop to around 60 at night, they'll get those same purple blotches because it's a kind or shock reaction to a huge fluctuation in temperature. As others have said could also be genetics but I doubt it. How hot is it in the day?

Edit: it looks as if one of your leaves is splitting in one of those pics, if it is, it most definitely could be a nute problem/def.

8. im 100% sure its the temps.
    you say it is a phosphorous deficiency, well cold temps make it hard for the plant to take in p.

9. #10 jzpoonhandler, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    It gets pretty hot normal is around the high 80s ab gets up to 90-95

10. everybody saying genetics, what are they? then we'll know if they have "purpling" traits if it's not going under 55 then P lockout isn't the issue. i grew Purple Kush last year & it did the same thing on the leaves,buds,& stems and the night temps were in the low 60s it did the same indoors and my temps never went under 68

11. Couldn't this be a toxicity of a nut? I'm sure its N but I wouldn't be K.Oed on that one :D

12. If your plants are fluctuating around 30 degrees a day from 95 to as low as 64, that is why your plants are changing colors. Happens to mine every winter but never in the summers. Always indoor grows tho.