PURPLE! Any Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mushkan, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Hello GC People,
    I have posted this before, now a couple weeks later. My Friends Plant just started to show flowers, and this is what they look like.

Any thoughs on this?

Details, Mystery 9 week flower strain from AMS(Freebies) outdoors in promix with added boosters, ph 6.8, dyna grow bloom feeding every 3rd watering. No other symptoms showing.

All pictures/posts i put on this website have been found from online sources and have been used solely as examples. I do not grow Marijuana or encourage anyone to do so as its illegal in most areas of the world. I participate on any website just for entertainment

Frag Out!

Attached Files:

2. #2 leafsforever3, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009
    My friend had one plant top do this last year, all we could think was it may have got hit with frost?

3. If she's outdoor then it is probably the temperature. Colder temperatures/large high/low swings can cause this kind of thing. Those spots one some leaves are interesting though. I hate to think its a deficiency or anything 'cause you've got the nutes down, but you might want to look into it.

I'd bet it's either a strain thing or a temp. issue.

4. That is strain......It looks very tasty. You should look up some purple strains and get a better idea what you can expect. If its a def. you would have the stems and stalks all purple too.

5. THATS JUST A NUTRIENT deffenciency. Which isnt good. needs more phosphorous.:wave:

6. I grow in an area that sees cool nights in the fall and often frost. I too get purple buds on some plants. Personally, I think it is both strain and temperature related. Should be a great smoke.

7. I have had purple buds on the occasional plant. Nothing to do with temperature, though.

8. New Pic Week Later

All pictures/posts i put on this website have been found from online sources and have been used solely as examples. I do not grow Marijuana or encourage anyone to do so as its illegal in most areas of the world. I participate on any website just for entertainment.

Attached Files:

9. I have heard tell from some of the more experienced growers i know that it is actually a potassium deficiency so please correct me if i'm wrong...

10. I would read into nutrient problems. I had two strains that went purple, by genetics, and the purple started at the outside of the leaf, and worked in. I read somewhere that if the color starts within the leaves, it is most likely a problem. Just because your nutrients have potassium in them, doesnt mean the plant is taking it.

11. gotta love da purps

12. Hey Everyone,
    Thanks for the advice everyone. We will keep you posted on the progress. I'm guessing at least 3 weeks to go. It was a mystery freebie from AMS, and its looking like a 12 week flower cycle strain. The whole plant looks very healthy, and has been comming along nicely, the purple stuff is only on one branch and its on the shaded side of the plant. I have checked the PH several times and everything is in order, nutes are quality and dirtless mix is premium with several boosters. As time passes we will add info and pics.

Frag Out!

All pictures/posts i put on this website have been found from online sources and have been used solely as examples. I do not grow Marijuana or encourage anyone to do so as its illegal in most areas of the world. I participate on any website just for entertainment.

13. Agreed. Mine turn purple every year when night temps dip into the 40s.

Attached Files:

14. Dude that looks mad awesome!

15. same here

16. Wrong. Low temps are the usual cause or purpling, although there are some genetically purple strains out there.

17. don't mean to intervene, but maybe he means his purple buds aren't caused by low temps

18. all those purple plants you guys posted look amazing. i wish i coulda smoked those. :smoke:

19. Yeah my plants are turning Purple with all this temp, even my Barney's LSD =] .

just watch the stems, if pure purple than you have issues.

-BH

20. We have some cold weather blowing in this week into next week. Highs in the low 70's and low's in mid 40's. Is that purple bud material? My plants have been budding for 7-9 weeks now though. How long does it take for them to turn purple?

Also when is it too cold?