"PURP" Over-rated?

Discussion in 'General' started by nawky, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Just smoking some purple covered bud i got from my dilla the other day, i reflected on the high. I cant say it feels 100% indica either purp can be anything in these streets. But it felt like a really weak indica high but it tried to uplift me towards the end of the blunt. Really short lasting high compared to anything i usually get.

Now that was for purple you usually buy in the streets. i am not really comparing purple tree straight from a grower

but what do you guys think yes? no?

2. Purp Scurp?

Hell no!

3. I sort of feel the same way. When people are like yeah man its fuckin purps it has to be amazing...just because it is purps doesn't mean it's the greatest weed around:p That is how people are around here.

4. We can't really say it's overrated because purple doesn't have to do with quality. You can shock the plants to make them purple.

Also, I've heard that grandaddy purp is the only true purp and that the others are either strains with some grandaddy genetics, or shocked plants. (Don't call that a fact, but he's a really reliable source when it comes to weed)

5. Yes, GDP is the exception!!:hello:

6. Not all purple herb is fabulously high in potency, the same way that not all green, grey, blue hued herb is perfect in potency. It can also be purple for not just one, but a number of reasons.

It can be a simple pigment, or it can indicate high levels of anthocyanin, a specific flavanoid pigment responsible for powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects, similar to aspirin, without 'recreational' sensations, it can be a sign of a simple deficiency...

But in all the above cases, and like bud of any other color, the potency is still more reliant on its genetic ability to produce glandular material of a specific cannabinoid content and ratio, than it is on any of those single factors. :)

Hope this helps clear things up! :wave:

7. I don't think its overrated, because it usually is good. Plus it looks awesome

8. First time I smoked purp I was disappointed. The high was weak but I jist met this guy about 30 mins ago that showed me some purp he was sellin. I got his number so i'll be giving purp another chance real soon. Im going to try it in a water pipe tho.

9. I feel like it was hella over-rated some years back, but now everyone is used to seeing purple everywhere.
    Personally, I'd take a bag of dank green over a bag of dank purp anyday (unless the purp was hella danker of course)

10. Yes. Because just because bud is purple doesn't mean it's more potent than other bud. The genetics could have given it a purple colour, but low cannabinoid percentages. Or it could have been grown in a lower temperature. I've gotten tons of mid grade bud that was purple. And purps that looked dank has hell, but barely got me high.

11. Over rAted people tAlk about how great it Is but I have had great and shitty purps

12. Yea I'm not ignorant I know it has to do with genetics , but then I even still feel purp is put on a pedastool

13. I get it. When i hear "oh I've got some purple" unless it's from 1 specific guy I usually automatically start to think less of the person. Same when average people even decide to tell me what their weed is called. Around here at least, even if it's some super bomb it'll still just be a guess at best 95% of the time.

From my Go To guy though, if he ever mentions the looks/quality of the weed I know he isn't bullshitting. It's people that suck, hopefully not this GodBerry I planted lol.

14. purp is the shit if ur a 16 yr old drug dealer.