Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Purp" and "Kush"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by DaleGribble, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Why do these seem synonymous to "dank" or good weed on these boards? Are these the new over/mis-used "dro" and "chronic"?

Am I noticing incorrectly??

2. Nope, your right. Maybe its they want other people to think they get better buds then they are? Most of the time when people say they got OG Kush or whatever strain, it looks similar to the regular dank I get.

3. I dont know why so many people think if weed is purple it's good. I've seen some really shitty bud that was purple. Kush is a strain, and if grown, harvested and cured right is usually good. Just because weed is a strain of purple or kush doesn't mean it's good. Most growers, in my experience, who grow strains like kush usually know what they're doing, but that doesn't mean Kush is always good. I've smoked alot of no name dank thats just as good. I like to see the bud, just because someone says it's Purp or kush or Sour Deisel doesn't mean I'll pay more for it, unless it's really dank of course.

4. When you know the growers, or if its a care-giver it's okay to believe the name. Strain names exist and nobody is doubting that. It's nice to know if what your getting is some indica/sativa or hybrid. Although I have just said this some of the best bud I've ever had was no-name dank so names don't mean too much.

Attached Files:

5. A lot of the 'Purp' out there is just run of the mill indica that the grower turned the temp down on during the last part of flowering. That promotes purplish coloration. 'Real' Purple is a fairly potent strain but not nearly as common as people think.

Over half the pictures of 'Purp' that I see here are just some noname Indica that got the temperature treatement.

6. idk. i love hindu kush strains.all the kush i post is certified, but yah a lot of people just call their weed kush to help it sell.
    and purps are usualy shitty depending on the strain.
    they juts taste and look really good.

another reason is the kush age has arrived.
    fuck all the white strains of the past, its KUSH TIME NOW BITCHES

7. and there it is. all true.
    also a lot of purple strains come around later in the fall and thats because the natural temp goes down. that why u see more ugly organic outdoor purps when its getting colder or is cold.

only purple strains i've enjoyed are real gdp, purp kush, grape ape and thats about it
    and by purple i mean purple genes not garbage temp control or dry ice.

8. Yes indeed purple and kush are the new overused dro and chron.
    Kush is a name given to strains that come from the hindu-kush mountrain range region of pakistan and the areas around there including southern asia. These plants are mostly heavy indicas. The original landrace ones include Afghan, Hindu, Nepalese, Thai kushes, and several kinds of Hashplant.

Purple became popular because some strains naturally turn purple, and its pretty and fancy. Unfortunately you can artificially force plants to turn purple by lowering the temperature while they grow. So theres a lot of temperature stressed weed thats purple for show.
    Strains that naturally turn purple are usually of a relaxing indica effect with usually a classic fruity taste.

So because of faked purple weed, and people calling anything kush when they're not sure, the terms are being heavily misused and misapplied.

I gotta agree those 3 strains are possibly the best purples.
    I often get GDP that has the same great purp taste and gdp effect but it has NO purple. The best grape ape I had also had just a bit of purple.

Alot of people misuse Kush unfortunately.
    Some of the real kush strains are crazy though, some I found were crossed too much and didnt feel kushy anymore.
    OG and Master live up to their reputation when grown right. I've never seen trichome coverage like on OG kush, its just generally full of bursting glands. OG also smells amazing.
    I have pics if people care.

9. I prefer the 'original' Hindu Kush actually. I've yet to find another Kush that pleases me as much.

10. Hindu is a pretty straightforward indica effect right? I've never come across a good example of it.

11. Yes it's pretty much your classic Indica. It's great at the end of a long day after dinner.

12. #12 Purpl3_Haz3, Dec 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008
    I would love to be able to comment on this, but the nice shit doesn't tend to come through my area very much...the dankest shit I see is sour diesel and northern lghts...

I lime sour diesel, and it's around on and off (fairly often) it lives up to it's reputation as smelling and tasting very sour/dank....and for me is a great high...and for he type of high is as close to on hit shit as I have come......

The other strain that I see that is my personal favorite (so far) is northern lights...I have seen it in my area 3 times and was only able to pickup twice...the high was an amzing creeper, and has been my favorite for some time now.....

I jay wish we could get some real kush, or something like that more often in the new England area.....

Sorry for any type-o's....I'm sober, but on my iPhone...

13. im not questioning the strainsbut the use of the terms in general

14. #14 Purpl3_Haz3, Dec 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008

I don't think that kush or purp are used as identifiers for dank or fire as much as just a strain name, or just trying to pass bud off as those strains, as they are becoming notorious for being dank strains, etc...

I don't really see those terms bing used to say bud is dank, like. "yo man, I got some kush ass bud!". In replacement for "yo man I got some dank ass bud"....but more that they are strains...

As for dro, couldn't any bud be dro/hydro? I mean it's just sayig it's hydrophonically grown, right? Cause you could grow kush in a hydro system, but you could grow schwag in a hydro system as well...but it doesn't make the schwag dank...

So I think the term dro is over used, but not so much kush......

Just my tired ass .02. Sorry if it didn't male sense in the least, It's been a long day. Haha

15. In my area Kush has only been used to describe the strain, not a "type" or "grade" of MJ.

I've been getting various Kush strains since April (a week before GTA4 came out) and while they've been Master/OG/Purple they've pretty much smelt and tasted the same.

16. I think that its because the older potheads push the younger ones around, and make
    fun of them for smoking SCWAG. So people want to look/feel confident in with they are puffin, so they fabricate to fit in. STFU you know damn well thats not purple lol.

I've never tried any of the other strains, just regular green, and Im satisfied with that. I ALWAYS get a nice high from my reg weed. I can still get fucked up, AND keep my $$$.:hello:

17. Actually from what I see it's young, pretentious, inexperienced wannabe kids who make fun of people for what they smoke. Most of the older stoners I know, myself included, tend to say smoke whatever you want if it works for you.

18. ding ding ding, I agree fully.

This doesnt happen in my area, im just noticing it a bit on these forums, at least what it seems...

19. So what's better guys? Kush or Purp? =]

20. I like KushPurp or PurpKush