Purging in Pyrex issues

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Forevergreen253, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Okay.
    Same strain and product.
    Same blast process.
    When I purged before, I would scrape the Pyrex into my 5gallon purge chamber lined with parchment. I'm purging anywhere from an oz to 3/4lbs of oil at a time. (Picture 1 is the result oil)

Since I'm getting larger amounts I figure I can get a 7gallon chamber and just purge in the Pyrex and no longer have to scrape. So I did.

That second picture, the oil got too hot. PICTURE 3/4 are of some nugrun I just blasted, my second attempt in this setup. I slowly heated it and wait 6 hours before I add more heat until it starts to bubble to make the crumble.

I DONT HAVE MONEY FOR A VACUUM OVEN YET. I DONT WANNA HEAR THAT WHEN I GET PERFECT YELLOW CRUMBLE JUST BY SCRAPING AMD PURGING IN MY SETUP..

Now that I'm purging in just the Pyrex, my oil is not as golden and turning to a dry crumble like it always has before. It's dark and heating unevenly. I'm about to ditch the Pyrex purging idea but I HATE scraping so I'm going to try that PTFE teflon stuff or whatever next.

Any thoughts as to why my oil is so yellow when I scrape the Pyrex as opposed to the brown sugarwax (PICTURE2) I'm getting when I just purge the Pyrex? This last picture is straight nugrun and would be a golden crumble if I scraped the Pyrex. Why? Air? Probably..

Attached Files:

2. It looks like you burnt it to me

3. The product was old. 160 degrees won't change the color

4. Maybe add enough USP grade isopropanol to make it more liquefied, not thin but able to flow. Then the evaporation of the alcohol would keep the heat from getting too high. The tane could bubble out of it easier too. How ya gonna get bubbles from basically tar before it gets quite hot?

• Like Like x 1