Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pure Weed vs Weed+Tobacco Coughing etc

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LBC213, Jan 20, 2012.

1. I know this has been discussed thousands of times over but I was wodnering if anyone knew off hand why some people( i.e me) cough when smoking alot/pure weed vs a mixed joint. Up until recently most of the stuff associated with pure joints/blunts I learned to deal with and wouldn't mind smoking them but my throat will not handle it. Every blunt I roll/straight weed I end up coughing alot and unable to finish without having a coughing fit etc. I'm starting to dislike tobacco more and more and smoking less cigs but it's frustrating to know that I need a fair amount of tabaco for me to be able to smoke it.

So why is it much harsher to smoke pure weed vs mixed joint?

2. I can smoke a j without coughing but I can barely take a single puff of a cigarette without coughing like a little bitch.

vile things they are.

3. Yeah, I'm surprised by that. I don't smoke cigarettes with any regularity (maybe once a month when I'm drinking too much) and I find tobacco very harsh. If someone mixes pipe tobacco with a J I find it pretty hard to smoke.

Then again, the very first hit of weed I ever took had me coughing for 20 minutes straight and I almost puked. just takes time

4. Thing is I can feel it, a cig is smooth as it's tobacco and factory made but pure weed when inhaling, I feel like the smoke is harsher(more ingredients in it etc lol) and it sticks to the back of my throat. I'd love to be able to smoke a straight blunt but closest I can do it adding a bit of tobaco on atleast.

5. weed only has one ingredient :p

the leaf in a blunt doesn't help at all? I find blunts much harsher than a single wrapped joint.

6. Yeah maybe I should start smoking pure and eventually I'll get used to it? I'll just keep telling myself that lol.

It reminds me also of the very first and only time I tried a bong, coughed my lungs out. Weird thing is I smoke cigs/weed daily but my throat just cannot handle pure straight weed.

7. All of my friends including myself use tobacco with every hoot. I actually know an older guy who won't smoke weed without tobacco.

8. just back from the Dam and it was funny thinking about people who can smoke pure weed. I rolled a nice blunt there and had to use my friends inhaler it was that harsh! lol, and I don't even have asthma!

Seriously though my only explanation is either I have to get used to smoking pure green(different than cigs??) or you're either born to be able to take it or not. I smoke cigs and green pretty much every other/2nd day so these are my only two possible explanations lol

9. If you know how to roll a paper good then less harsh the pure weed will be.

10. When I smoke a blunt, I can still taste the weed but then tobacco takes me to another level sometimes not a good feeling but when I smoke a joint, I can puff without any problems (haven't smoke a lot of joints but I want too). Gonna invest in a bowl (first time I smoked out of one I was blown like the New York Winter).

11. weed when high in THC and when smoked without tobacco from a cigarette has higher potency when compared to smoking weed with tobacco.. the nicoten in tobacco mixes with the THC in weed to make it acceptable by human body to smoke.. some people have gotten used to not smoke with tobacco but that takes a while.... actually, mixing nicoten rather cigarette-though makes the joint consumable, take a second to think that more than 10000 different kinds of chemicals go into making one cigarette.... so here in india we came up with a brilliant soultion... use beedies (these are local cigarettes made from the tobacco leaves without puttting them thru any chemical process)..

12. That is not true at all.

I'm from the UK where pretty much everyone mixes their weed with tobacco, but
    I hate tobacco and it kills my throat, but with a pure joint or even a blunt I can inhale that shit like it's oxygen, even when taking a hit from a pipe.

So my guess is that people who smoke cigs get used to the tobacco, and gain
    some kind of tolerance of the tobacco smoke so when they smoke weed it may seem harsh, but for me weed is much smoother, and that's how it should be considering all of the crap that goes into tobacco.

But yeah, pure weed all the way, I hate the way the europe culture mix it with tbbacco.