Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pure weed vs Mixed with tobacco

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Shutupho, Sep 13, 2008.

1. :smoking:Hey everyone.
    I'm pretty new to smoking weed, living in the UK.

The main tradition and stlye in the UK is to smoke joints mixed with tobacco to aid the burning of the joint. But I'm not too comfortable with this and wonder if I can smoke weed pure without the hassle of having to relight.

I've tried smoking pure in a pipe and find it isnt easy to light and get deccent hits.I've decided to not bother with a pipe and stick to joints and bongs.

Is it easy to smoke joints without a tobacco mix? and does anybody have any tips to help the pure weed burn easier?:smoking::D

2. smoking pure weed out of a joint is 100% normal. it will stay lit. out of a pipe you must re-lite with each hit most of the time. it becomes quite as natrual as breathing.

3. yes lol, i never understood why people used tobacco in weed.
    they burn fine if you can roll a joint

4. Relighting pipes just annoys me. yeah UK and European smokers in general tend to smoke with a mix but I prefer the idea of smoking pure.

5. Joints will burn just fine with no tobacco.

The point of a pipe is that you simply light it for a second at the start of every hit. To keep your lighter from hurting your thumb, if you get a bic, remove the non moving part over the middle of the striker wheel.

6. It's called the safety (atleast in Canada)

Also, make sure your weed is dry and you have rolled the joint tight enough. Those would be the only 2 preventable reasons that a joint would burn out.

7. Using a grinder helps, alot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Supposedly mixing in tobacco gives you a longer lasting high. But a pure weed J will stay lit just fine.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. I dont smoke cigarettes so when I mixed I used a little to much and felt kind of sick :(

10. dude pieces arent supossed to give you big hits they are meant to be used when you dont have papers or alot of weed

11. Only way I'll mix the 2 is if the weed is fresh or damp. If your weed is dry then it will smoke perfectly.

12. Mixing tobacco with cannabis would probably get you blank stares in my household, it's just not right. Tobacco is nasty in my opinion, doesn't really get you high, and smells disgusting. It's like smoking cancer.

Here in America, pot by itself is the norm. Buy a glass pipe or bong, or roll up some blunts or doobies with strictly weed if you don't want to mix them.

Cheers from California, hope all is well in the UK
    -CVS

13. i dont like mixing tobacco with weed cause i love the taste of pure weed, mixing would be like smoking a cigarette while hitting the joint, i choose to smoke a cigarette after, its a bad habit but, i roll my own cigarettes after i smoke weed, i cant handle a newport after, i like to take as big of hits as i can and watch the smoke in the sunlight :smoking:

14. #14 Tru Ganjaman, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
    It's all a matter of preference. I have smoked both with and without tobacco and there are some noticeable differences. For one, it will burn slower if you're an apprentice roller (with tobacco), or if your bud is damp (as said before). Also, smoking with tobacco (in my area of Canada, we call this using "batch") does not get you more high par-say, but will give you a short headrush (depending on how much tobacco you use). I like the overall experience of smoking the mixture more so than just MJ in a joint. However, I found that if you start to use it on a regular basis, you get cravings out of nowhere to get high (which in reality, is your body craving the nicotine from the tobacco). To every man his own though; I'm just giving you the facts based on my personal experiences, the choice is ultimately yours to make :smoking:
    Peace and love,

Tru Ganjaman

PS. Just thought I should put it out there that I get sometimes get cravings because I do not smoke cigarettes, just batch

15. Progression from marijuana use to daily smoking and nicotine dependence
    http://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?ID=6951

Radioactive tobacco
    http://www.cannabisculture.com/news/tobacco/

Some go without a cigarette: characteristics of cannabis users who have never smoked tobacco.
    http://marijuana.researchtoday.net/archive/4/11/1483.htm

Cannabis Smoke and Cancer: Assessing the Risk
    http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6891

Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic
    http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1277837

IMHO, tobacco is fit for killing insects and other living things. I NEVER mix my Cannabis!

Granny :wave:

16. You might enjoy the joint more without tobacco

17. It doesn't create a better or longer lasting high, that's misinformation.

The only true reason for it is some people enjoy cigarettes. I know it's hard for some to think about, but some people genuinely do. So they smoke a joint while they smoke a cig, or combine them into a spliff. It works well and gives you a cig buzz while you're getting baked.

18. I've only ever smoked with pure weed, and always done it through a pipe. I find it can be fine, and I prefer pure weed to tobacco anyway because then I get cravings to cigarettes which is something I'm not interested in at all.

What I did the other day was like make a bong sorta thing by putting the pipe into the side of a plastic bottle and took tokes through the top of the bottle, this worked really well and we didn't have to relight the bowl for ages actually, it was awesome :) haha

19. Hi there, im from the UK too and the reason your having to relight all the time is because your herb is wet! Dealers often do this to make the bag weigh more. The sollution me and friends found to this was buying cigarretes called "Silk Cut Silver" which have 10X less nicotine, carbon monoxide and tar in than your average lambert and butler. This means that your joint burns nicely (with a thin layer of the silk cut) and you can't taste it. They literally taste of nothing, im unsure why an actual smoker would smoke them but they are easily available! :)

20. hmmm I'd consider that, yeah I used to smoke cigarettes but I gave up, still want to smoke weed though thats the problem, often in the UK if you get passed a joint from a friend or whoever chances are its likley to have tobacco in it......meh...I'll just fight the urge for cigarettes, and roll my own pure. Those cigs sounds like they were built to make weed burn easy lol

I'm not sure if the weed was wet but we got it burning with tobacco in soem doobs and it was fucking good. If it is wet do you jut leave it to properly dry out?:smoke: