Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pure THC?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by laxboy130126, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Hey,
    I've been making green dragon for a while, and have recently started making really concentrated stuff, like 1/8th ounce of weed in a half oz of alcohol. I accidentally left some out without the lid on, and when i realized it, there were these clear crystals covering the line from where the alcohol used to be, to where it evaporated down to. I don't think this is kief, or even some kind of hash. I think they might be pure thc crystals? Considering the green dragon is just THC in alcohol, what else could they be?

laxboy

2. Could just be other crud from your bud, but I don't really know, I've never made GD. Nice username, what position you play?

3. It could just be that crusty stuff you get around the cap of some booze, only in the bottle?

It's definately not pure thc, though. It could be some form of hash i guess.

4. that's hash. was this made with a sweet liquor beverage? if so, it's unsmokable, because smoking sugar is really bad. pour in more alcohol and just try again. if it was made with something like vodka, then you can scrape it up, chunk it up and smoke it.

5. i made it using lemon extract, because thats between 160 and 190 proof... it could be sugar, but does extract have added sugar or just flavoring?

if its sugar can i really not smoke it? or would it just suck

and @dclove, I play mid and attack...great game

6. a little off topic, but is the thing your talking about when you put your bud in alcohal, let it soak for months, then drink it? i was a little skeptical the other day when i heard about it, does it really work?

7. yes its called green dragon. THC is soluble in alcohol at a high proof

8. that sounds like thc to me. cos think about it: alcohol absorbs thc and all the alcohol has evaporated so what are you left with?
    It might not be pure thc but it should be pretty dam close.

:smoke:

9. I know filtering Ground MJ with Butane creates a liquid that evapourates in air and whats left is Honey Oil (Which gets you fucked up!)

Spoze alcohol would do the same if THC is soluble in alcohol.

But honestly - dunno, google it ;)

:smoke:

10. If you relly want to get crazy, find some pure ethanol from a chemistry supply store online. Dissolve some powdered herb in that, then heat it in a double boiler/hot water bath to around 70*C, and keep it at that temp until the ethanol evaporates.

the crystals left behind isn't pure THC, but it is pure canabinoid.

11. don't you need to filter at some point? cause otherwise all the ground up bud is still in the solution.

12. Just for everyone who's wondering about green dragon...
    www.greendragonsoda.com

I made the "large batches" version...and it does work, very well

So I guess the consensus is that it is some form of smokable material that will fuck me up?:D

13. What if you smoke it through water? Shisha is sticky because of mollasses: a direct product of sugar. People have been smoking that for a long time and I've never heard anything about the sugar doing damage to the lungs. However I could just be uninformed; if so, enlighten me.

14. well
    with hookah pipes, you aren't burning the molasses or tobacco at a high temperature, since you are using coal. Maybe that has something to do with it? Molasses is also different than sugar, too. maybe it's molecules are larger, or something. I'm not quite certain.

15. I'm pretty sure that's THC crystals. :smoke: