Pure Power Plant Questions

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Pigailia, Jul 14, 2006.

1. I am vegging two Pure Power Plants in a bubbler under a 430 HPS using GH nutes. (Hard Water Micro) I am currently only running about 240PPM (plus 260PPM hard water) for a total of 500PPM. I am unfamiliar with this strain and was wondering if anyone on this board could steer me in the right direction on nute levels. Also, I have a total of about 50 inches of grow room (height) and the plants are 7 inches tall now. (day 17 from seed) Should I go ahead and flower or can I wait a few more inches? Any other tips specific to this strain would be apprecitated.

Pigailia

Attached Files:

2. ur gonna flower 17 days after seed
    i dont thnik u will get a big harvest but dont quote me on it

3. It's not even about the height really, no matter what the strain. Your plants might not even be mature enough, but who knows. I would give them at least a month of veg time before you flower them. Patience is a virtue my ffriend.. wait it out.

4. i would bend them over and maybe do some lst in the next inch or so... i have 3 ppp going rite now and they are going crazy over lst

5. I grow PPP every crop.... Very strong strain and great producer, you will love the buds coming from it under bubble bucket :)

Your PPM is ok for day 17 but you can go up, just follow the GH schedule and you will be fine. At the end of my Bubble bucket grow with PPP i am at 1400ppm

As for height, keep it tied down as best you can, as soon as your nute levels go up that plant will grow like crazy, its a very vigourous strain, dont know if you ever saw my 1 pound PPP thread, the plant can get massive very quick. This is of coz under MH not HPS (mh vegges better than hps).

Anyways just stick to the schedule from GH, if you dont have the feeding schedule (not the thing on the back of the bottle) take a look at the charts thread under indoor growing i put a link to it there.

Check roots often to make sure no root rot and make sure you have good air supply to the roots.

6. 3To1ker1 , You obviously dont know PPP very well :) but yes 17 days after seed is lil toosoon, i would wait for week 4. LIke i told him, follow the schedule and flower according to the schedule as well... which starts at week 4 (day 28)

7. Thanks for all the responses! I started flowering at 9 inches. The first 'night' was about 18 hours long. When I turned the light back on, one plant showed male preflowers. (The little hook gives them away) After 2 more regular 12 hour nights, the second hasn't shown but I think its gonna be a girl. If not, I have a third 'spare' vegging in a separate room under CFL.

3T01ker1 and LiLKuBBs: Yes, it seems young, but this 'mature thing' doesn't mean much to me. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to understand the science. Plants can be flowered at any age whether they have alternating nodes or not....which brings me to....

DefendentofHate: My last grow was HOG, which I flowered at 10 inches and it grew to 54 inches. I had to bend like crazy to keep the buds out of the light and got leaf bleaching.
    This is why the height scares me so much. Pure Power Plant is listed as an outdoor variety.
    I'm going to grow the male long enough (in a separate room) to get some pollen and will begin to do some training on the girl(?) soon.

DierWolf: Hmmmm....strange. I upped my PPM to about 750 and they started very slowly spitting it out. Growth tips turned bright yellow (a scary sign to me). Got my brand new Milwaukee 3-in-1 meter calibrated. pH drops very slowly ( like 5.8-5.7 in one day and ppm goes up like 10 per day) I got two big 4" round airstones that really put a current in the reservoir. Roots are pearly white. These seeds are from Nirvana. I assume I have the same strain you do. I'll look up your grow thread. Sounds great. I have been using the ratio on the back of the bottle. I will also look up the other ration you mentioned.

Thanks again for all the help.

Pigailia

PS: DierWolf, I found your grow journal but can't find any pics after the first page or two. Where'd they go? Are you saying use the link to the chart with the pictures of the bottles of GH on it? At the GH site?

8. DierWolf: I've been using the ratio on the bottle but not as strong. I changed the reservoir this morning and will run plain water with a pH of 5.8 for a day or so and restart the nutes. In my several grows, including HOG, DR. Kevorkian, and Northern Lights I have never been able to run the high PPM numbers that I see posted by others. Maybe its the hardness of my water (260). I don't know, but every time I go for the high PPM I get falling pH and rising PPM numbers. I'll print out the numbers on the link and convert to teaspoons and give it a try.

Thanks!
    Pigailia

9. yes could be, you really should buy a Nutrient Wand so you can read your EC and TDS Level.

But as you can see from the feeding schedule 750 is nothing for your plant at this stage. Perhaps its just used to the low PPM and you shocked it a bit jumping it up that quickly all of a sudden, you should gradually move upwards.

10. ps tspoon method is very inaccurate you really should get a cerindge (spelling, you know the Injection thing) or by a small measuring beicker (sp) with ML on it.

11. OK, my friend. I measured it out in teaspoons (sorry, the only syringes I have are in units of insulin). Used the Weekly chart instead of the Phase chart (on the bottle). I came up with 1050 PPM and a pH of 5.8 (after adding some commercial pH down). Checked this morning and nothing changed. So far, so good. I have a Milwaukee 3-in-1 meter, no Nutrient Wand. Do you change your reservoir every week regardless of whether it seems to need it or not? And add only water in between? The second plant, by the way, has still not shown for sure but the preflowers are looking like girls. My 8X loupe works really well. Also, during flowering, do you tend to keep the pH up around 6 or so to get more magnesium?

Thanks for the help!

Pigailia