Purchasing all my equipment?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by InfinitiG35, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Ok I've done hours on hours of research and I think I've finally found everything I need for a good grow without having to go back and fix anything like buying the wrong thing. Any suggestions on what I may need to add to the list.
    I will mainly be growing autoflower around 6 at a time.

Digital hygrometer
    Digital ph pen
    Ffof/happy frog/perlite
    I power 600w mps hs
    I power 4"inline fan with carbon filter
    32x32x63 no name tent
    Big bloom, grow big, and tiger bloom. 32oz

Few questions I have to sum up my research-
    Are no name tents worth buying?
    How do I know if I will need a cool tube, or could I just get a regular wing reflector?
    Last but not least will this tent be big enough enough for 6 plants in 3gal pots?

I've done many of hours of research and have came pretty confident on the decisions I'm about to make.
    Please if you have any suggestions let me know I'm always down for corrective criticism.

2. Also will have 2 6" clip on fans

3. don't forget calibration solution for your pH pen..and a pen for EC is also helpful and may require solution as well...

fixtures for hanging your lights...

timers...

4. The ipower light comes with hooks and the chain. Also comes with 24hr mechanical timer. What exactly is an ec pen ?

5. I'm gonna be honest idk if 6 plants flowering at once will fit in there. With a 600watt I would highly recommend an air cooled hood or a cool tube(it runs hot). Also if you can get a 6" exhaust fan I'd recommend it they aren't that much more expensive and they do a better job than a 4".
    Electric conductivity pen if I'm correct

6. Gotcha, I planned on ordering the 6" Cool tube for the light. Just wasn't sure exactly how much heat it put off.

7. I have a 600 I power as well, I started with just a bat wing hood and I was unable to run it at 100% without it getting to high. Now I'm able to :)

8. #8 A guy, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2015
    I searched google real quick and saw that it's an Electrical Conductivity pen. Used to measure PPM (Parts Per Million) as I understand it.

I grow with LED and sunshine in soil and I don't measure or adjust PH or PPM so others can comment on that info.

It would seem to me that you have a pretty small space for a 600w HID light. You won't know until you try it but if I were you, I'd get a cool tube fixture or just be ready to add more ventilation fans. As far as fitting 6 pots in that space...just measure the pots and do the math.

EDIT: Oops, other folks answered by the time I pressed SEND.

9. you will prob need more than one timer...one for your lights, another for your fans...unless your timer comes with a double socket...most do not...

EC pen=electric conductivity=ppm meter

10. wait you turn your fans off when it's dark?

11. It can get too cold and/or the humidity can get too high. I use one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scientific-RAR213HG-W...

Which logs temp and RH day and night so that I can make adjustements as needed.

Attached Files:

12. i will be, yes...shutting my fans down with my lights....no lights=no heat generated=save on power bill...

should i find this is an issue, of course, i will run them all the time, but where i can conserve, i intend to

13. I live in Florida so no fear of it getter cold here lol. That meter is awesome is it one where you place a sensor in the tent and the screen outside?

14. Yep, I actually kept the remote sensor at canopy level and the base down by the roots so I could see the differences. The screenshot is from my cellphone. It bluetooths the data to the app on the phone then you can look at the history of temps and RH. I haven't used it in a few months and I have a different phone now but I'm about to start a new grow so I'll find out how well it works on it. Guessing it'll be fine.

15. The only thing I could add is that you could have a bigger tent around that 600w light. I don't know if you're space restricted but if you can go bigger on the tent, you'd probably be happy you did.

16. Yea I guess I will go with the 48x48. And I was under the Impression my fans would be running in the dark also. So I may have to grab another timer. With this setup should I get a fan controller?

17. Ok so this is from my experience I run a 3x3x7 tent with a 600 in a cool tube I get 4 plants in 5 gallon smart pots so I'm thinking you could maybe get 5 in 3 gallon pots.

Also the cool tube will be needed for sure. I run my my fans all the time always have and everything turns out fine. I'm not a fan of FF soil I favor a mix of nectar for the gods soil and EWC with perlite that's just my two cents on that.

Now as for the tent spend a few more bucks and get a quality tent think of it this way spend $120 on a cheap tent that will last you 1/3 of the time the one that coasts $269 . If you want a idea of plant size in a 3x3 you can check out my journal "Snackstick's multi strain laundry room lab".

18. Thank you!!! But I've seen the Apollo tent for around 100-150 for a pretty good sized tent. I'm going to start ordering a few things tomorrow, then will have to purchase the rest next week. I'll also take a gander at your journal.

Thanks to everyone for helping me out.

19. I've been bugging myself on the lighting and tent size and was wondering if I should go with the Mars 600w led Instead of 600w hps. As far as heat and electricity usage it would be cut down significantly.

20. I have my oscillating fans running when lights are off but I don't run my exhaust fan while the lights are off. This way saves money until the plants start to smell anyway.