Purchasing a mid end vap $200-240

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Nujabes GC, Aug 4, 2011.

1. There are glass parts on the extreme Q, what I meant though is that you can just fill up bags somewhere safe and then bring the filled bags over to where the party is. If people are noob and/or intoxicated there's nothing to worry about because you can't break a bag & inhaling from a bag is so simple anybody could figure it out.

Also just for the record, I've had my extreme Q for a little more than a year and it shows no signs of breaking any time soon + my brother has had the previous model (extreme V) for about 3 years and it still works perfect. It's my understanding that Arizer's customer service is great too. Other people have probably had different experiences with this vape than me though, so I would definitely advise reading as much as you can before you make your decision.

2. You said there was nothing to break, I was focusing on that. You didn't say you were referring to the bags, which yes, are great for party situations and convenience.
    I also said it isn't any more likely to break down, just that there are more things that can malfunction.
    I'm glad you're enjoying flying along the vapor trail :wave:

3. Ya I just phrased it wrong in the first post, the extreme Q definitely has the possibility of breaking if you aren't decently careful with it. Cheers :smoke:

4. bro im telling you right now, you have to get the ssv.

5. what he said^

6. #26 lwien, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
    Guys, the OP is asking for something that is more efficient than his/her LaunchBox, and you're suggesting an SSV ??

That's like someone asking for a car that will get better gas milage than his/her Prius and suggesting that he/she should get a Viper.

7. Duuuuuuude I never saw the word 'efficient' lol I guess my eyes just skipped to the capitalized TOASTED.

8. I think it's important to note that TOASTED was capitalized and not efficient because cause if it were the other way around I'd recommend a purple days or a myrtle zap. A PD or MZ will never get you as toasted as a SSV, period. I've owned both and for day to day vaping and efficiency, the PD/MZ wins every time, but for pure power without sacrificing the efficiency of using another method (bong), I think the SSV can't be beat.

9. #29 lwien, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
    1000% WRONG !! Period. ;)

Both the PD and the MZ will get you every bit as toasted as an SSV. It will just take you a bit longer to get there with one caveat. Typically, the Cherry PD's run warmer than the MZ's, so with a nude (no koozie) on the MZ, it may be a bit tough to get to the upper temp ranges that are available on both the Cherry PD's and the SSV's so in that respect, the MZ's won't offer you as much of a stoned body high that the SSV can provide. But with the Cherry PD, my ABV comes out a very, very dark chocolate brown just south of combustion. So.............a stem with a PD (4 to 5 hits) would get me to the exact same place as one humongous hit from a Surfer.

So..........if you want a bang to the head, like RIGHT NOW, the SSV would be the way to go. But if you want to take you're time getting there while conserving more bud, the PD would be the way to go, but.........they're both capable of getting you to the same place.

Edit: Rick has made some dramatic changes to the design of the heat exchanger on the Zap (just hitting the market as we speak), which is said to be able to run the Zaps a bit warmer.

10. you could also just run the ssv at a lower temp and that would conserve as well

11. Damn some good posts here especially from lwien, thanks

After debating I've decided to go with either a PD or a MZ vaporizer. I've watched some videos of people taking massive vape rips from both so I'm not worried about the getting toasted part. Also efficiency is key since I'll be a broke college student and that is exactly what the PD / MZ provides. Thanks for all your input guys, can't wait to get this vaporizer :)

Oh and fuckcombustion.com is an amazing site with loads of vaporizer discussion so if you are curious about vaporizing head over there.

12. lwien's the bomb.
    Good choice OP.
    Glad you did your research!
    I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself :wave:

13. Thanks guys.

Nujabes, hope that PD/MZ works out for you. Once you get it, if you have any questions, fire away.

Take care...........and enjoy.

14. SSV is the vape for you believe me. 7th Floor will fix any SSV or DBV for a flat rate of $25 for ANY reason.

Now let me get technical because some people talk out of their asses when claiming certain vaporizers are good.

SSV:
    A 100 % constructed in the USA unit and Quality Checked by the
    company thouroughly.
    The angled heat source is awesome since your vape will NEVER
    get dirty unless you blow in the whip with weed on the end.
    There is probably much better quality control for the SSV than
    DA Buddha making it surely give you peace of mind that
    something will not go wrong with it.
    The knob on the SSV is custom to your unit, there is none other like
    it making it more personalized.
    The SSV also has a higher vapor to air ratio due to the smaller
    opening that the air passes over.

The volcano is nice but you need a big area to use it and there is a shit ton of electrical components within it that something is probably going to end up not functioning later on down the line.

The SSV and DBV utilize a ceramic heat rod that is heated 3x the maximum temperature of 900 degrees to ensure that the ceramic will be long lasting.

Again let me state 7th Floor will fix ANY unti for a rate of $25. That alone keeps my mind at total ease.

The ssv is a compact unit that comes with a bag (if ordered)
    The SSV is VERY much more personal. If you want to vape all day by yourself, imagine having to fill up bags over and over.
    The SSV still holds its ground in party situations because its an experience to use one none the less that most people wont care to wait a turn.

The ssv is a much more practical at home vaporizer. When not in use i wind the whip up and go.
    Imagine if someone came to the door or whatever when you have a bag filling up, OR is already filled and youre by yourself. What would you do? What will end up happening is that the vapor will go stale on you.

The SSV heats up within 2 minutes at full blast then dropping it down just a bit.
    The SSV is analog, different strains need different temps that I believe is easier found with a do it yourself knob.

I can list reasons all day why the SSV is my favorite vape. The volcano is nice but the ssv is much more practical to be 100% honest just because its faster to use.

I also read that you chose the PD or MZ choices, excellent.

I know that my post has a lot to do with the ssv vs volcano but thats because thats what I read and Im surely not going to delete positive things I can reuse for later convos :)

Im sure youll like your new vaporizer though.

Remember if you choose the PD people say putting a sock over the unit usually provides better hits :)

15. #35 lwien, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011

Depends on the type of wood and ambient temperature. My Cherry PD turns my ABV a VERY dark chocolate brown. Any higher of a temp more than say 3 to 5 degrees F, and I'd be combusting. My Ash PD, however, runs about 15 degrees cooler. The MZ's in general has run cooler in comparison to the PD's (it would be a pretty safe bet that more people run socks and koosies over their MZ's rather than the PD's) but with their new redesigned heat exchanger made out of Stainless Steel rather than the brass that they used to use, their vapes should be running a bit warmer. According to Rick over at MZ, their new stainless steel exchanger retains heat a bit better. Maybe that's why the PD's have always run a bit warmer being that they've been using Stainless Steel since day one.

Both great vapes though.............as is the Surfer.

Edit: So for those that are thinking about purchasing a log type vape such as the PD/MZ, imho, it would be a good idea to talk to either Rick at MZ or Tom at PD and make sure to pick out the wood that you want, not only by looks but also by the temp ranges you like to vape in.