Purchased my first scale and grinder

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by third planet, Sep 16, 2010.

1. So, I decided it was finally time to get my own scale and grinder. I managed to score both items on Amazon with free 2-day shipping thanks to Amazon prime! Here's what I bought:

American Weigh digital pocket scale, 100 x 0.01 g ($13)

[​IMG]

I hear this is a reliable brand and I like the fact that it weighs out to 0.01 g. The price isn't too bad either.

Chromium Crusher 2.25" 4-piece non-aluminum grinder ($28)

[​IMG]
    I paid a little more than I wanted to for this one, but this particular seller has its orders fulfilled by Amazon, which made me eligible for the free 2-day shipping.

Thoughts?

2. Dude great deals.
    I think i have had/currently have the same or VERY SIMILAR scale. Works well.

you can always test it, make sure its calibrated.

nice though, hope it works out for you.

3. good investments dude i need to buy both ASAP

4. Jeez nice price on the scale, most of those are around 20 bucks at headshops. If you ever feel like the scale is off do the dollar bill test.

A dollar bill is 1g, more or less and you know your scale is off.

Congrats on advancing your stoner level!

5. I use a nickel to check my scales every single time BEFORE I weigh out material. A nickel should weigh 5 grams, I think the newer nickles might be slightly heavier but u should be pretty close, off by no more than .1 g.

6. this is the way to do it.

7. Keep cell phones and other wireless devices away from your scale. They can throw off the accuracy. I didn't believe this until I was weighing out a half oz gram by gram and came out with 15-16 gram bags. Each bag was off by .1 or .2. I moved my phone away and the scale starte displaying correctly again.

8. I have that exact scale, but in silver. I have to say its always done me well.

9. Nice deal on the scale man. Both will pay for themselves in the long run.

10. nice scale

11. WOW suprised i did not know this.

Thanks man, this has probably happened to me.

12. I didn't know for the longest time... My friend kept telling me that it did that I never believed him. Put something on the scale and then set a phone next to it.. You never know, could just be my phone or the scales that I've had