Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Purchase Saliva Testing Kit in-store

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ajmaxwell, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Hey everyone,

I was told today that the company I've been working for as a temp wants to hire me on full time. Speaking with a fellow toker in my office, once they hire me I will need to take a saliva drug test. I've been looking online (CVS, Wal-Mart, Rite-Aid, and Walgreens) to see if they have saliva tests available in store. I have found plenty online, but would like to test myself prior to the test.

I don't know exactly when the test will be, but I just wanna make sure I take the correct steps to pass it. It could be as early as Monday, but I know it will be within 2 weeks from now.

So I'm looking to see if anybody has purchased a saliva test kit from a store, and if any of you are in Southern California that would be even better. But I'll take advice from any one :)

I already know what I'm going to do to cleanse myself, just want to know where to get a test kit quickly.

Thanks!
    ~AJMaxwell

2. Oh! I can find pee tests REALLY easily in stores (according to their online listings by store) but haven't found a saliva test yet.

3. Sorry, couldn't find any at-home saliva tests on drugstore websites...Amazon carries several (here's a Salivacheck brand one, although they carry others too).

On the plus side, it looks like saliva tests usually are only accurate if you've smoked within the past 24-36 hours (or so). THC is fat-soluble, not water-soluble...so that sorta makes sense to me. My sources are mostly anecdotal evidence, so don't take this as an "absolute truth."

Here are a couple links which might help:
    Erowid Experience Vaults: Cannabis & Drug Testing - Passed a Saliva Drug Test x2 - 55726
    What You Need to Know About a Saliva Drug Test | Mouth Swab Drug Test Facts

4. Thanks for the info!

I figured my last day of smoking until the test would be tomorrow. I brush my teeth really well, and use mouthwash before bed every night so I'm not SUPER worried. I just want to make sure lol.

Also, I've found an article somewhere (don't have link :( ) that told me to rinse my mouth with Hydrogen Peroxide 5-30 minutes before the test to ensure my mouth is completely clean. Don't know if it would help or not, but it wouldn't hurt. I think my mouthwash has Hydrogen Peroxide in it since it's a whiting mouthwash.

5. Hydrogen peroxide is safe to rinse with (assuming you're getting it at the drugstore, not a chemical supply company -- theirs is probably too strong). Just don't swallow it! Dunno whether it will do anything other than freshen your mouth, though :)

Here's some other threads on saliva DTs:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/677908-saliva-drug-test-question.html
    http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/848813-costco-saliva-test.html
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general/1023704-saliva-test-question-please-help.html
    http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/883948-results-[how-]-passing-mouth-swab-drug-test.html

6. Awesome! Thanks a bunch!

7. No worries...good luck, man!

8. If the job is important to you just stop now or even after tonight, you should be clear within 1-2 days but I'm sure you don't want to risk it.

9. Lol I thought this said Salvia, as in the shit that makes you trip, I was like wtf r u addicted to salvia or something?

10. jus dont smoke that day. brush your teeth use mouthwash and chew gum. my friend passed 1 for cotsco smoking that day. dont worry yourself those Are the easiest test to pass