Punks and Hippies

Discussion in 'General' started by e_eggs, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whats the deal between the two groups. I hear songs by Screeching Weasel and The Queers such as \"I hate Led Zeppelin\" and \"I don\'t wanna be a gronola head\"(Makes fun of smoking out of bongs, and doing shrooms) And like NOFX where they sing about smoking out of bongs, and doing drugs. But then they have a song such as \"Always hate hippies\". I dont know, I really I like both types of musics. but I\'m not a hippie or a punk.But I am gunna smoke a bowl.

2. Punks are fucking homos... hippies are cool though, they got awesome stories

3. hippies are dirty and smelly

4. sterotypes.

I have hippy friends and family that smell very nice, just so you know.

And I have quite a few punk friends that are a lot nicer and friendlier that alot of other people I know.

Why would you say all punks are homos or all hippies smell?

5. not all but some... there still cool as fuck

6. True, hippies are so awsome.

7. You\'re just smelling the combination of weed, febreze, and American Spririt cigs.:D

8. Hippies arent even people:(

9. im a modern day hippy :)

10. Never one to sterreotype, so let me just say

All the punks that I know I generally hate and essentially own them...

But I listen to some of it

11. i have punk friends and hippy friends... but when you are surrounded by sweaty ass hippys for 3 days you tend to dislike them...

12. punks arent homos, and hippies are pretty cool i guess. the perfect combination would be a hippy-punk. someone who is anti-fascist and shit but is also pro-nature and shit

13. I\'m kind of the metal-hippy... I\'m like spiritual and shit but I listen to death metal

14. Dude, u can\'t take NOFX seriously!! Fat Mike is like a modern day prankster...he makes fun of anything and everything. A lot of punk songs are just pure fun joking around songs they probably improved when they wrote them...

15. same here, only i listen to a lot more punk than metal

16. same here, only i listen to more metal-core bands i guess you would call em. like bleeding through and as i lay dying and shit

17. yeah, thats mxc...

I listen to like Gorgasm, Dying Fetus, Hatesphere, Hat Eteternal, Electric wizard, Sleep Terror etc

18. word.

Yea its not really a rivalry, its pretty much a one sided thing :( .

I used to listen to a lot of punk. Not anymore (not because they make fun of hippies, i just dont like it anymore) and i remember every song by the casulties was like fuck hippies

19. Leave the lables for the soup cans!

:hello:eric:hello:

20. i listen to bob marley, sublime, bone thugs, kottonmouth kings, snoop dogg and all that pothead music .,.. if you turned my mp3 on and started listening .. youd know for shure i am a pothead :D:D:D:wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.