Punk

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Zac, Dec 1, 2007.

1. I listen to Punk and Oi! and Psychobilly

Black flag, misfits all eras, Infa Riot, DK, Circle jerks, the virus, LCB, Blitz, Youth Brigade, against all authority, OpIvy, Reagan Youth, Catch 22, Minor threat, theres more and i didnt really name any Oi bands cept Blitz

2. I was talking about the punk ETHIC, not the pre-concieved idea of a genre.

3. Infa Riot are oi! IN FOR A RIOT. i was just listening to taht shit. soooo good. where are ya from.

4. ahh yah i forgot they were Oi, skin here forgetting that haha, im from SA, texas

5. I stand corrected. :cool:

6. skinz n punx oi! oi! oi!

7. yeah...

Komintern Sect, Camera Silens, Béruriers Noirs, Métal Urbain, Tulaviok, Crass, Lower Class Brats, and quite a few more...

8. Tell me how fucked up this shit is for you punker mother fuckers.

I went to the Circle Jerks show tonight with a few fucking dipshits who had a pipe on em

friend 1 goes to the door, gets searched, and the guy finds it and says "this is the one person tonight im letting get rid of this and come back"

so, he walks to get rid of, and friend 2 steps up.

they find his peice, and wont let any of us in.

talk about fucking lame.

9. you missed a circle jerks show? i heard they put ona mad show, not to make u feel worse tho

10. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love punk, but as I get older I find myself listening to more and more jazz.

As for punk I like everything from Ramones, the Clash, Subhumans, DOA, Op Ivy, Misfits to DK, Bad Religion, NOFX. and more of course.

11. Amazing that you know of such an awesome band.

12. Some of my favorite punk bands are:
    The Orphans
    Look Back and Laugh
    Minor Threat
    The Dead Kennedys
    Operation Ivy
    The World Inferno Friendship Society
    Los Crudos
    Los Gatos Negros
    ...wow I could really keep going. There is alot of amazing punk out there you just need to look , and most importantly go to local shows.

13. Oh man I almost forgot, you guys need to listen to this band called An Albatross. Psychedlic Hardcore Punk,

14. Fuckin great to see some people that can appreciate such a good music here on grasscity

15. Reviving old thread.
    Anyone into folk punk? like Blackbird Raum, Hail Seizures, mischief brew, Tom Frampton and Johnny Hobo. It's just so much nicer when baked and has so much better lyrics

Other than folk, I usually listen to anarcho, hardcore(especially foreign stuff) and crust.
    Antischism, witch hunt, aus-rotten, bad brains, rudimentary peni, mob 47, crass, negazione, dead kennedys, gauze, gouka, dissystema.
    And some noisy stuff like the swankys, confuse, and dust noise.

16. #36 eldude-arino, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
    i've drawn D|K logos on everything everywhere sine i was 13.... tsol... pennywise.... mxpx.... agent orange (surf/punk).... NoFX.... Minor threat... op ivy.... a bit of Rancid... hepcat.... the slackers.... VooDoo Glow Skulls.... stubborn allstars

Used to go after samplers... Give 'em the Boot- Hellcat, FatWreck- Fat Records, Hopelessly Devoted to You- Hopeless Records

17. You guys remember Short Music for Short People?

18. I like hardcore punk, like Crass, Leftover Crack, The Bruisers, Aus Rotten, Sick Of It All, Aborted Fetus, oldschool Misfits, etc.. I haven't listened to punk is ages though.

19. Listening to Pennywise - Bro Hymn as i am typing this :)

20. whoaaaaa, oh-oh-ohhhhhh, whoooaaaaa oh oh-oh-ohhhhhhh!