Punk

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Zac, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Anyone enjoy punk music?

I listen to mainly all punk, with some classic rock influences.

Im not talking about gay shit like blink 182, but oldschool hardcore real punk rock like The Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Fugazi, Gauze...

The good old shit.

Nothing better than listening to some fast hardcore music while roasting a bowl.

2. no blink 182 ??? thats ok cuz that was soooo grade like 6 for me
    good stuff

I enjoy a little Black Flag, and minor threat ever once in awhile.

I love cranking tunes while stoned, for me its metal and reggae mostly

3. Yeah, i used to be way into metal, then i discoverd punk

4. Bane
    Terror
    Champion
    American Nightmare/Give Up The Ghost
    Strife
    Stay Gold

These are considered more "hardcore" bands, but they have fast drum beats which sound like punk!

5. High school I was into punk hardcore. I still like punk, but don't listen to it as often. My favorite bands of the genre are LoC, Choking Victim, Minor Threat, the Unseen, Cheap Sex... That list would have been fucken long, man. I'm gunna end it there.

6. Yeah LoC was here not to long ago, along with T.S.O.L, and Choking Victim, insane.

Love the unseen and cheap sex as well.

7. I was into mostly early hardcore (Black Flag, Minor Threat, Teen Idles, etc), NYHC (Warzone, Cro-Mags, Sick of it All) , boston hardcore (American Nightmare, Carry On, Bane, Suicide File), earlier metal-core (Botch, Cave In, Posion the Well around "Opposite of December), and tech metal (Dillinger Escape Plan, Into the Moat, Sleep Terror) back in high school. Now, I still listen to some hardcore and tech metal, but more post-punk (Joy Division, Sonic Youth, Mission of Burma) and early emo (Fugazi, Rites of Spring, Indian Summer). American Underground is definitely a critical part of contemporary music.

8. Agreed, i listen to mostly early punk, boston punk, NY punk, the earlier hardcore, im not to into the new stuff at all.

9. i used to listen to nothing but punk...LoC, the unseen, the partisans, cheap sex, lower class brats, GBH, now i listen to mostly ska, metal, and some reggae

LoC is still like my fav. band of all time

10. Yeah i sawl LCB not to long ago, insane.

11. Punk.
    Crass. Flux of Pink Indians, DIRT, Aus Rotten, TSOL, Dead Kennedys, Antischism.
    Best thing to listen to while blazing.
    :smoke:

12. I would hardly consider Crass punk.....considering they are the band that proclaimed punk dead.

You like a lot of crust though, huh. I never got into crust so much.

mostly liked 77 punk some 82

now its all about power pop

13. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywS3iOxy-GM

A few words from Jello Biafra, I like this 2007 version of the old standard. It's punk without music.

Shut up, Be happy!

" Use only the drugs prescribed by your coach, boss or supervisor"

14. In my opinion, Lightning Bolt embodies everything about Punk Rock. DIY ethic, RAW energy, and mindblowing sound vibrations like nothing else.

15. yeah i dont listen to punk

but it pleases the minds ear

16. UK 82= The shit

With bands like Major Accident, Menace, GBH and Menace who can complain.

But they also had alot of crap as well.

Im a huge huge punk fan.

17. Yeah, G.B.H is one of my favorites.

Like the Teen Idles?

18. Love DK, Misfits (with glen), NOFX (especially), Op Ivy, Subhumans, Anti-Flag, older Rancid, Bad Religion and a helluva lot more.

19. I'd consider them much closer related to noise.

20. my list of punk bands: discharge, conflict, external menace, black flag, aus rotten, cock sparrer, stiff little fingers, subhumans.

i dont just like punk, it's my life.