Pump for my system.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Molta, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Hey.

I need a pump for the system i'm planning atm. I need something that can run 15 small sprayers, or misters or whatever they're called. I guess it's classified as aeroponic.

There's not going to be much lift, but the pump's output will be devided among 15 small sprayers.

I've experienced ALOT of unreliability with pumps that are right on the verge of the needed capacity, so i'd rather shoot abit high, you know.

I live in Denmark, so i need something i can order from europe, preferably.

I'm not sure which variables i have to consider tbh, if i should keep an eye on the pump's pressure ratings.. Would 200L/h be appropriate?

2. That pump will probably work, but it wouldn't hurt to spend a bit more for a larger pump.

I run a 200 GPH (750 L/h) pump for 10 EZ clone sprayers and I like having the extra pressure. I've got a very small pump that I've used before, and the pressure is pretty pitiful.

I guess it's really all preference. I partially bought the larger pump as a backup for my main 600 GPH pump that I use. I need something with at least a 5 foot lift for my flowering system.

3. I'm sorry, ofc i meant to write 2000L/h not 200.

Atm i've got some 650lph and they don't work very well.

4. go with the 2000, you can always make a larger pump pump less if needed, by adding a ''T'' with a open/close valve on the end. just keep the ''T'' and valve in the res.

middy

5. #5 NLHydro, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
    Active Aqua Pump 400 GPH

This is a great pump for 15 sprayers. The more spray the better! There is a 250gph model that would still work just fine for a bit less $$$. How big is your reservoir?

6. That's nice, thanks. And at a fair price as well. My res is about 110 liters. rarely fill it that much though. Prefer to keep it abit lower and change the water now and then :)