"Pulp Fiction" and "A Clockwork Orange"

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Johnywilks, Jul 30, 2011.

1. I was thinking of watching these two movies as they have both been recommended to me multiple times.

Are they really worth watching ? or are they just overrated.

I've been told that "A clockwork Orange" is a film about a man raping people.
    I dont understand how that could be as interesting as many people have told me.

If they are worth watching ? Do you recommend watching them High or Sober?

2. I havent seen clockwork orange but pulp fiction is one of my all timke favourite films, it's so well done, quinten tarentino is a genius

3. would you recommend watching it "High" or "Sober" ?

4. Whoever told you that is a neanderthal..

That's like saying Pulp Fiction is about man rape.. one scene does not sum up a film.

5. I highly recommend both!

Clockwork Orange is a Psych film that makes you think a little. It is about a man and his gang, generally raping and pillaging but that's just the first 1/3 of the movie. It's excellent.

Pulp Fiction is pretty good as well, jumps around alot in the story. This was the one I watched baked, and I can honestly say I don't remember much.

6. Pulp fiction is good sober and really really good when your high. Its tarantino though so if your stoned make sure your paying attention or you wont know what the fuck is going on.

7. sober first then high, either way they will blow your
    mind. a clockwork orange yes raping is involved but
    whoever said thats all it was about doesnt have a
    mind... watch it and enjoy, i would say for sure watch
    that one sober first it could kill your high,
    well has for some people.

8. Both are amazing films stoned or sober. I'd prefer clockwork orange over pulp fiction though.

9. A Clockwork Orange is a remarkable film based around a new type of 'treatment' which in effect forces the man to be 'good' / socially accepted. He lives a new life which forces him to repress his impulses through this controversial treatment. He also finds himself becoming one of the helpless victims he so gladly preyed upon before being caught. I'm high so it might not make sense, but it's not just some film about a rapist, and it's one of my favourite Kubrick movies :)

10. You're so high & it makes perfect sense [:

11. They're both ridiuclously good, i'd say a clockwork orange is deeper, while Pulp fiction is more action packed.

12. and samurai swords.

13. Lmao this thread has my Favorite two movies of all time, Clockwork is great high you trip the fuck out and Pulp fiction is probably easier to understand the first time if your sober

14. Watch Clockwork Orange while high, is you can stomach watching women get raped in the beginning.

It's a bit of an intense film in terms of what happens.

One of my favorites, as everyone can see. ;)

15. Clockwork isn't about raping, the director, Kubrick, uses rape for specific purpose and there's only one short scene with it. If you're a movie fan for their creativity and symbolism and deeper messages, then you'll like it and appreciate what Kubrick was trying to get across.

Pulp is different, it does some social commentary not in the extreme that Kubrick took it to though....but Pulp has some of the best dialogue EVER. Same with any Tarantino movie really but Pulp is just great and an amazing story to watch unfold.

I don't watch movies sober unless there's some weird or random reason so I recommend weed for both unless you get confused when you're high, you will want to be able to be captivated for both of these long long movies...:smoke:

16. A Clockwork Orange is far from that, it is a masterpiece that touches on several things such as free will vs conditioning and if a man has the right to be himself even if it leads him to violence. Anything by Stanley Kubrick is worth watching period.

Pulp Fiction is Tarantino's last great film, his masterpiece too. The script is amazing, some of the best dialogue in history. I would give both a 10 favoring ACO. Both are required viewing while high (ACO is one of your best options for weed+cinema).

17. Both are fantastic films..both in my top 10. Sober or baked...you will enjoy!

A Clockwork Orange was well beyond it's time. Remember that it was made in the 70s..brought a whole another reality to the Psych genre. Stanley Kubrick uses every scene as a metaphor/message.

Pulp Fiction was a great fun ride inside the demented mind of Taratino. The guy just knows how to make films!! Superb acting..great cast..

18. Both are fantastic films..both in my top 10. Sober or baked...you will enjoy!

A Clockwork Orange was well beyond it's time. Remember that it was made in the 70s..brought a whole another reality to the Psych genre. Stanley Kubrick uses every scene as a metaphor/message. Especially the rehab part..so trippy!

Pulp Fiction was a great fun ride inside the demented mind of Taratino. The guy just knows how to make films!! Superb acting..great cast..

19. A Clockwork Orange was one of my favorite movies but I wouldn't watch it high, might just be me but it totally killed my high, amazing movie though

20. oh yea and Pulp Fiction, I think I liked that one a little better but they're very close, both 10s